• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

As Mackus said the other day, probably time to dig this bad boy up, or start a new one in this case.

Now that the league is full, Keeper Deadline is tomorrow night late night (12am), so make sure you got your 3 picks in.

Let's start talking dates for the draft.

I like after 8pm on weeknights myself, weekends are usually pretty crazy for me. I was planning on waiting until after next week's preseason games, less injury risk that way. So that means the week of Labor Day I guess.

Do you have that site where people can put in what does/doesn't work for them Mac?

@JeremyMStrain

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:33 PM

Do I still have to set all three of my keepers even with my trade with Mackus?

I vote September 2-4 for the draft, my wife will be out of town and the draft would have my complete undivided attention.

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

Do I still have to set all three of my keepers even with my trade with Mackus?

I vote September 2-4 for the draft, my wife will be out of town and the draft would have my complete undivided attention.

Nah, since you have 2 coming back, you just need one more keeper. We will assign them once the deadline is passed and we can lock in.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#4 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

Oh it's three?  Good thing i checked in.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

Do you have that site where people can put in what does/doesn't work for them Mac?

https://help.yahoo.c...rs-sln6111.html

Sorry, I've been out since yesterday afternoon and gonna be away most of tonight and tomorrow as well.  If anyone makes a trade, Commish should be able to assign the new keepers to their teams.  We do this for my keeper league I've been in since college, so I know it works.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

Oh, realizing I answered a different question that you asked.

Doodle is the name of the website to fund a draft date that works for the most people. I can set it up tomorrow night if someone else can't get to it sooner. Sorry for not being more helpful, busy weekend.

#7 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

Oh, realizing I answered a different question that you asked.

Doodle is the name of the website to fund a draft date that works for the most people. I can set it up tomorrow night if someone else can't get to it sooner. Sorry for not being more helpful, busy weekend.

Nah, all good man. The keeper deadline was just set for this morning anyway, and I've got a crazy busy weekend going too.

If you could set that up whenever that'd be really helpful, then we can narrow that down over the next few days. I'm actually flying to Vegas in a couple hours so I'll be in and out of the loop til Wed morning too.

@JeremyMStrain

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

http://doodle.com/69dfvnqtxg2tztzd

Everyone fill out this poll with dates you are available.  I entered every day from tomorrow through the eve of the season opener.  Didn't put times, but assume evening for any weeknight, we can find an exact time closer.  If we end up picking a weekend, it could be an early afternoon or evening draft. 

Try to be lenient in if you're available or not.  If you could do 9pm but not 7pm one night, or vice versa, then say yes and we'll take that into account heavily when picking an exact time.  If you definitely can't make a night, say no, but if you'd just kind of prefer not to be drafting on a given night, say yes please.

I highly doubt we'll get this decided in time to have the draft be tomorrow or Wednesday, but just fill it out anyways.

#9 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:52 AM

I should be good whenever. If keepers are set that's fine but obviously now I'd.like to not keep Jordy. Bell, Gronk, and Mccoy.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

We had a few people miss the keeper deadline, so I think we'll probably extend it (up to Jeremy as commish).  If we do that, then I would think you'll be allowed to make a change as well (and anyone else who wants to, I noticed Sammy is keeping Kelvin Benjamin who's also out for the year).

I had to set a draft time in order to approve keepers, so I picked Wed the 9th (last day before season starts).  I assume we'll end up choosing another date, in which case we can just change it on the website.  Oh, btw, Jeremy added me as a co-commish but mostly just to handle inputting keepers onto the website since I'm familiar with Yahoo and he wasn't (and it's kind of a PITA).

#11 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

I can't do Tuesdays, but I should be able to work with pretty much any other time, especially since you can draft on mobile with Yahoo.

• Mackus likes this

#12 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

Personally I'd love for the draft to happen any day before Saturday, Sept. 5.
  • Mackus likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

Only Markus, Dupin, McNulty, and Zack have responded to the doodle so far.  Please fill it out.  If you don't tell us your availability, then the draft could be scheduled at a time you can't make it.  Priority will be given to those that got their schedules in first!

#14 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Just filled it out.

• Mackus likes this

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

7/12 have submitted their availability.

So far this Thursday night (8/27) is the only night with full availability, so everybody be ready in case the remaining teams vote and that ends up as the winner.  Could be a quick turnaround, here.

• JeremyStrain and Markus like this

#16 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

One more added to the list, but he can't do Thursday.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,364 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

Nickle had said he could do any time, don't think he's been checking the board much lately.

I'll send a PM to those that we are still waiting on, hopefully can decide this afternoon when we'll be drafting.

The link again if anyone needs it:

http://doodle.com/69dfvnqtxg2tztzd

#18 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

I can do anytime as well sorry guys been in the outer banks all week.  Thank you again Mackus for picking my keepers.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

I filled out the poll but actually next Thursday, the 3rd, is not good for me. That does seem to be the day with the most votes. It's really not a big deal. If that day works best for most everyone go for it. I'll get someone to draft for me.

#20 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:31 AM

I'm flexible as well.  I didn't put down a few days because of an upcoming birthday and I'm unsure what my lady friend is cooking up.

@fuzydunlop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=