• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Jerry Sandusky's adopted son, Matt Sandusky, said that his father abused him. Matt Sandusky released a statement through his lawyers, Andrew Shubin and Justine Andronici.

http://news.yahoo.co... ... 45968.html

#2 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

It just keeps getting worse...
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#3 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I know people said the same thing about OJ and Casey Anthony, but with all the evidence out there, is there any chance this guy can walk free???
@brobey1

#4 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I know people said the same thing about OJ and Casey Anthony, but with all the evidence out there, is there any chance this guy can walk free???

Well, he walked around Happy Valley for...13 years(?) as a known, eye-witnessed child rapist, so you never know. He was literally caught, naked, in the act of raping a child, and was able to continue to show his face in the offices on campus on a daily basis.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#5 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

No way. This is way different than those were. There are multiple witness-victims to this thing. Plus, it's not one event, it's a prolonged series of crimes.

Plus, the whole thing literally killed Paterno when he finally woke up and realized the part he played, and it ruined Penn State's rep. They'd put him away for those things alone. Or the child abuse alone, either one. They're gonna make sure somebody pays, and he's the main guy, all the guilt of others is peripheral to him. In combination, all of that is gonna get him locked up forever.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#6 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

msnbc.com Breaking ‏@msnbc_breaking

NBC News: Jerry Sandusky found guilty on 45 of 48 counts in child sexual-abuse case http://on.msnbc.com/4dpW6f

#7 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

Justice has been served...he can die behind bars...
@brobey1

#8 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

Enjoy gen-pop Sandusky...it's not going to end well for you.
@JeremyMStrain

#9 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

It's sick listening to Joe Amendola.

#10 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

BTW, question for any lawyer-types here, because I just don't know...

I know that every court tries to get an unbiased jury for a fair trial. How in the hell did they find people that didn't know about this Sandusky thing?

#11 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,394 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

I know that every court tries to get an unbiased jury for a fair trial. How in the hell did they find people that didn't know about this Sandusky thing?

Well I believe 5 or so of the jurors did or currently do go to Penn St, so I'd imagine they were aware of it.

Oh, and I'm very glad that he's going away for his crimes, I just wish something was done about it much sooner.

#12 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that doesn't matter in this one because Sandusky made a big deal about wanting/insisting that his trial be in that venue.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

A special place in hell awaits him
@levineps

#14 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Enjoy gen-pop Sandusky...it's not going to end well for you.

Sandusky will be held at the local jail until he can be evaluated by the state prison system and assigned accordingly. He is expected to wind up in protective custody, away from the general population, for his own protection. That likely means 23 hours a day in a 6-by-8-foot cell. In other words, a concrete box of hell.

http://sports.yahoo.... ... uits-.html

#15 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just can't imagine how anyone can enjoy cheering for Penn State anymore. The cover-up was so widespread. I believe all the coaches knew, many of whom are still with the program. Tom Bradley, Larry Johnson Sr, Jay Paterno, Mike McQueary, Joe Paterno, I believe every single one of them knew. Some knew since 2005, others knew since 1998, others probably knew before. Heck, Dan Connor was rumored to have been punished for making prank calls to Sandusky's house about his preference for young boys. The University has denied it, but I refuse to let them insult my intelligence.

I could be wrong about all that, but I think my feelings are shared among many. I feel bad for Penn State alumni.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#16 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Interestingly, the coach that Dan Connor supposedly DID prank call about being a pedophile was Joe Sarra. Joe Sarra came to Penn State in 1984 via his employment with...you guessed it....The Second Mile. Also quite peculiar is the fact that Sarra was demoted to Special Projects Assistant to Paterno in 1999, the same year Sandusky "retired" in the prime of his career (after the child rape incident in 1998).

Sarra "retired" in 2005, just months before District Attorney Ray Gricar mysteriously disappeared right after the McQueary-witnessed incident happened.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#17 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Plus, the whole thing literally killed Paterno when he finally woke up and realized the part he played, and it ruined Penn State's rep.

Not saying it didn't play a factor but age and cancer was more. Your argument would be a little better if he was younger, this slant sells better but is hardly accurate.
@levineps

#18 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

I just can't imagine how anyone can enjoy cheering for Penn State anymore. The cover-up was so widespread. I believe all the coaches knew, many of whom are still with the program. Tom Bradley, Larry Johnson Sr, Jay Paterno, Mike McQueary, Joe Paterno, I believe every single one of them knew. Some knew since 2005, others knew since 1998, others probably knew before. Heck, Dan Connor was rumored to have been punished for making prank calls to Sandusky's house about his preference for young boys. The University has denied it, but I refuse to let them insult my intelligence.

I could be wrong about all that, but I think my feelings are shared among many. I feel bad for Penn State alumni.

Complete speculation that anyone besides JoePa and McQueary. They've all denied knowing besides them and I'm not going to level that accusation without any clear evidence. What else are you going to say that players, support staff, administration (other than Curley/Spanier) knew and did nothing. I think Penn State replaced all but two assistants btw, Tom Bradley/Jay Paterno are no longer on the staff. This could all be the case, but I think it's irresponsible to single them out just on gut.

One point I will agree with you on is if I were a Penn State alum or employee, I would be utterly embarrassed to be associated with the school.
@levineps

#19 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Well, either folks throughout college football knew something was up, or else somebody at Penn St told Sandusky to stay retired or else... because there's no way that guy would not have had a ton of over-the-moon job offers...

As for the fired Penn St prez... I see where a senior priest in PA got convicted for crimes related to child abuse, not for what he did but for what he didn't do... and there's a bishop somewhere who's about to go on trial for the same thing, which is letting a known child abuser keep at it... if monsignors and maybe a bishop go to jail for that, I don't see why a college prez wouldn't...

#20 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

A bit off-topic, but I must say one of the reasons I love sports is because the content is so much lighter. I was thinking during last night's Orioles game, it just wasn't the same as the normal win since it came at the same time as the verdict. I'll admit I take sports way too seriously sometimes, this really puts that into perspective.
@levineps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=