Photo

Terps AD Kevin Anderson to Stanford? Apparently Not.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

From the photo, it does appear the field level is being lowered some. If that's the case, I'm surprised they aren't saying more about that aspect, since it presumably would make the seats in the front rows much more appealing.

#42 Baltimore Chop

Baltimore Chop
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationTowson

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

From the photo, it does appear the field level is being lowered some. If that's the case, I'm surprised they aren't saying more about that aspect, since it presumably would make the seats in the front rows much more appealing.

Yeah, I was wondering about this myself. The rendering makes Byrd look a bit fresher, to say the least.

Perhaps this was a project they weren't sure they would be implementing until well after they had released the season ticket renewals? That's the only reason this would make sense to me. This gives those in the front few rows (who don't need to be Terrapin Club members) fantastic seats all of a sudden. I think they realized it would be unfair to ask them to suddenly join the Terp Club after they had put their money in for seat renewal.

Assuming the field is lowered, there's no doubt in my mind those seats will be treated as premium seats starting in 2013, so those who have those seats will either have to pony up, or sit elsewhere.
Perception is reality.

#43 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about this myself. The rendering makes Byrd look a bit fresher, to say the least.

Perhaps this was a project they weren't sure they would be implementing until well after they had released the season ticket renewals? That's the only reason this would make sense to me. This gives those in the front few rows (who don't need to be Terrapin Club members) fantastic seats all of a sudden. I think they realized it would be unfair to ask them to suddenly join the Terp Club after they had put their money in for seat renewal.

Assuming the field is lowered, there's no doubt in my mind those seats will be treated as premium seats starting in 2013, so those who have those seats will either have to pony up, or sit elsewhere.

Yeah, that may be why they aren't saying anything publicly yet, and a re-seating would come after this season. Nice deal for those folks in the front rows who renewed their seats too....assuming they get premium seats for obstructed-view prices.

#44 Baltimore Chop

Baltimore Chop
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationTowson

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

So, what's the latest on this?

I read the OP to mean that Anderson being hired by Stanford was imminent, and I frankly haven't seen it reported at all anywhere else since.

Anyone heard anything?
Perception is reality.

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

So, what's the latest on this?

I read the OP to mean that Anderson being hired by Stanford was imminent, and I frankly haven't seen it reported at all anywhere else since.

Anyone heard anything?

http://www.diamondba...34#.T-ys7rWe6So

Although several rumors circulated via Twitter in recent days that Athletic Director Kevin Anderson may be transferring to Stanford University, Anderson said he has had not talked to anyone in California and does not intend to leave his post.
"Nobody has called me and I have not talked to anybody from Stanford University," Anderson told The Diamondback Wednesday. "I wasn't interviewing, no one has called me and I haven't called anybody and I guess the speculation is because I worked there and I'm from the bay area. I guess it got started that way."

Moderator Update: Thanks BoB. Quote added and title altered to reflect the update. -Greg
  • Baltimore Chop likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=