#101 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

They did move the start time up to 5 p.m.

#102 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

They did move the start time up to 5 p.m.

And cancelled it. DC basically wasn't giving them a choice.

@JeremyMStrain

#103 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Just have to at this point. Sucks though. Was really hoping to watch some Caps tonight. But that's the right decision.

#104 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:22 PM

CSN Mid-Atlantic: Capitals show they're willing to fight for each other
http://www.csnmidatl...ight-each-other

#105 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Ovi backed out of the All-Star game yesterday due to a lower body injury. Today he got a one game suspension for backing out. Interesting to say the least.

#106 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

http://mweb.cbssport...g-all-star-game

#107 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,430 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

They suspend you for missing the all star game?

What a joke.

• Mike in STL and Markus like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#108 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

Ovi backed out of the All-Star game yesterday due to a lower body injury. Today he got a one game suspension for backing out. Interesting to say the least.

That's BS.
@BSLMikeRandall

#109 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

Caps down 4-0 to the Pantbets, despite outshooting them 27-13 through 2 periods. Just scored 2 in 2 minutes to start the 3rd.

4-2. Let's see an epic comeback. Getting plenty of shots.
@BSLMikeRandall

#110 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

Or not.
@BSLMikeRandall

#111 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:04 AM

Shout out to Burkaovsky who has really picked up his play in recent weeks.  Andre was really struggling early in the year, including a healthy scratch along the way but has really turned it around. 

Caps also got MoJo back (out with an injury for a few weeks) the other night and he immediately chipped in with 3 points on the 3rd line with Chimera and Wilson.

Even more encouraging Orpik should be back in the lineup either tonight in Minnesota or Dallas on Saturday.  He's been out for 40 games so it's good to get him back and get some games under his belt before the playoffs start.

Finally the trade deadline is approaching at the end of the month.   I wouldn't be surprised  if the Caps aren't very active.   This team is humming along and getting guys back that have been hurt is like making a trade where you don't have to give up anything. 

• Markus likes this

#112 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hard to believe, but before last night Ovie hadn't had a hat trick since December 2013!  Last night he picked one up scoring all 3 goals in the second period.   Even better is he's been scoring other types of goals lately besides his usual flashy goals or pp lazers from the slot.  He's had tip ins, deflections, goals from the crease where he's had to fight for the puck.  If he keeps this up, he could be looking at his 7th 50+ goal scoring season.

#113 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

That was fun. I don't know the numbers, but it seems less % of his goals are from the PP than historically. He looks like he's still square in the middle of his prime. I expected he'd drop off slightly by now given how he plays the game (lots of hits), but he's still very elite and showing no signs of fading soon.

Also, the Caps became the fastest team in NHL history to reach 40 wins last night.

Also, also, they have an 8 point lead over the Blackhawks for most points in the NHL... despite having played 5 games less than Chicago.

Hope everyone's enjoying the ride. This team is just clicking on all cylinders. They're deep. They're about to be healthy. And they're incredibly well coached. Oh, and Holtby!

• DuffMan and Markus like this

#114 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

That was fun. I don't know the numbers, but it seems less % of his goals are from the PP than historically. He looks like he's still square in the middle of his prime. I expected he'd drop off slightly by now given how he plays the game (lots of hits), but he's still very elite and showing no signs of fading soon.

Also, the Caps became the fastest team in NHL history to reach 40 wins last night.

Also, also, they have an 8 point lead over the Blackhawks for most points in the NHL... despite having played 5 games less than Chicago.

Hope everyone's enjoying the ride. This team is just clicking on all cylinders. They're deep. They're about to be healthy. And they're incredibly well coached. Oh, and Holtby!

http://www.hockey-re...als_career.html

Ovie currently has 509 goals good for 39th place all time.  He's only 30 years old. For arguments sake, lets say he  finishes this season around 530 goals. Here's a couple hypotheticals of where he could potentially finish up.

Let's say he averages just 30 goals a year for the next 6  years, that would give him 710 goals good enough for 7th all time.  A 7th year would put him at 740 (4th all time) and  an 8th year  would put him at 770 (3rd all time).

How about something a little more aggressive like 40 goals a year.  Six years at 40 goal pace  puts him at 770 (3rd all time).  7 years at that pace puts him at 810 (2nd all time)  and 8 years would put him at 850 goals just 44 behind Gretzky.

Obviously how well he continues to produce will determine how high he climbs on the list, but at just 30 years old there is certainly the potential for him to climb pretty high up on that list!

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#115 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,430 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Is this Caps team looking at being one of the 2-3 best regular season teams in history?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#116 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

Yes, yes they are. And yet I'm still incredibly anxious about the playoffs. That's why I'm just trying to enjoy the product for now. No one in the bar ever talks about "great regular season teams". I want so badly to get that first Stanley Cup. Just one.

#117 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

Yes, yes they are. And yet I'm still incredibly anxious about the playoffs. That's why I'm just trying to enjoy the product for now. No one in the bar ever talks about "great regular season teams". I want so badly to get that first Stanley Cup. Just one.

Have to say I'm enjoying this version of you much more than the past couple frustrated seasons ;)

@JeremyMStrain

#118 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

Have to say I'm enjoying this version of you much more than the past couple frustrated seasons ;)

I bet you are. ;)

Let's be real here though... was I wrong? 

Even if we don't bring home the Cup, it's pretty hard to be close to upset watching a Championship caliber team through 55+ games. Just great hockey all season. 

#119 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

All those early exits from the playoffs in years past means they are fresher for a deep run...if you believe in that sort of thing.

I don't. But this team has the recipe for a cup worthy team. It's starts with elite goaltending, which has been tough to come by until now. 

What's Holtby on, a 27-1-3 run? Jesus. 35-5-3 Overall. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#120 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:25 AM

I bet you are. ;)

Let's be real here though... was I wrong? 

Even if we don't bring home the Cup, it's pretty hard to be close to upset watching a Championship caliber team through 55+ games. Just great hockey all season. 

Well I'm pretty sure at some point you told me Holtby was garbage. (Don't worry, I know it was just frustration, just hoping now you see what I was talking about, scheme and defense is as important in Hockey as it is in Football)

It's great to be on this side of a dominant team. Irony is last time the NHL had a team this dominant, it beat the Caps in their only Finals appearance. We scratched and clawed our way to the finals, got hot at the right time, and then DET just BLEW us out the water in 4 games. We never had a chance.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=