#1 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:56 AM

I thought it was time for a new thread, and the offseason is a good time for it.  Changes are coming to DC.  Looks like all of the UFA's are hitting the road except maybe Beagle.  Green is no loss, but I kind've thought they might bring Fehr back.

http://www.washingto...ng-free-agents/

Ward is looking for 4 years at 3million a year.  Those dollars aren't too high, but 4 years is too much.  He's likely gone too.

Talks seem to be going well with the big 3 RFA's.  Holts, MoJo and Kuz.  I'll be interested to see what kind of deals they get.  

http://www.japersrin...oltby-two-dudes

That's a really good read on Holtby and what kind of deal the Caps should offer him.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:18 AM

Looks like they will have a lot of room to do some things. Should be a very interesting off season.

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Fehr might come back. He's going to check the market and see what he can get but he knows what the caps could offer him so he has that to weigh against. There's a good relationship there and neither side is upset.
@JeremyMStrain

#4 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

The Capitals have re-signed Jay Beagle to a three-year contract extension

@MKlein76

#5 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

Red Wings gave Green 3 years and 18 million.  6 million bucks is a steep price to pay for a 3rd pairing defender.

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:21 AM

Red Wings gave Green 3 years and 18 million.  6 million bucks is a steep price to pay for a 3rd pairing defender.

He won't be 3rd pairing there. He was in our system because they chose Carlson over him for first offensive duties, He will bounce back pretty well if he stays healthy. Nothing wrong with him, he just became redundant when they signed Niskanen last year....it's part of why I really questioned that move.

• DuffMan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#7 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

He won't be 3rd pairing there. He was in our system because they chose Carlson over him for first offensive duties, He will bounce back pretty well if he stays healthy. Nothing wrong with him, he just became redundant when they signed Niskanen last year....it's part of why I really questioned that move.

Yeah the ability is still there for continued production, but I would be hesitant to shell out 6 million annually for a guy with injury concerns.

#8 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

Caps seemed to have made some nice moves...signing Justin WIlliams, trading for TJ Oshie.

http://www.russianma...everbreaks.com/

#9 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

CANNOT wait to see Oshie's wife in the stands. 

#10 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Love it. Is it just me, or did they really get the better end of that Oshie deal?

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Oshie is a great fit for this system.

#12 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

Love it. Is it just me, or did they really get the better end of that Oshie deal?

Copley could end up decent, but we just took another G in the 1st.

@JeremyMStrain

#13 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Copley could end up decent, but we just took another G in the 1st.

I should've specified that by they I meant the Caps. Poor wording on my part.

#14 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

Oh yeah, I think they did. They were letting Brouwer walk after this year anyway, and picked up 2 years of Oshie.

RW should be pretty solid in the top 6 now. If they could re-sign Fehr, and get some longer term deals done with the RFA, I'd say it's a perfect offseason.

@JeremyMStrain

#15 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

Oh yeah, I think they did. They were letting Brouwer walk after this year anyway, and picked up 2 years of Oshie.

RW should be pretty solid in the top 6 now. If they could re-sign Fehr, and get some longer term deals done with the RFA, I'd say it's a perfect offseason.

Absolutely. After they signed Williams I thought, "well maybe now they've taken care of the top right winger spot." Then they add Oshie too, BMac is going for it.

#16 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

2 years 6 million for Kuznetsov.   They say it's a bridge deal, meaning even after the 2 year deal expires he will still be an RFA

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

2 years 6 million for Kuznetsov.   They say it's a bridge deal, meaning even after the 2 year deal expires he will still be an RFA

Yep.gave him more short term to keep him restricted so they can get another deal out of him then.
@JeremyMStrain

#18 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Are the Caps and Holtby headed to arbitration???

Caps offered 5.1 million for 1 year, while Holtby asked for 8 million.  There's also this info that came out of that article...

According to multiple sources, the Capitals have held steady in offering Holtby a long-term contract worth roughly $5.5 million, while the 25-year-old’s camp has countered in the mid-$6 million range. 

I had figured that a long term deal would be reached, but that might not be the case.   It's also interesting that in the potential arbitration case the Caps asked for a ruling for just a 1 year deal which would result in Holtby being an RFA again next year.  Would the Caps then trade Holtby away and go with a cheaper option in Grubauer???  Interesting situation to keep an eye on.  Here's the link to the full story.http://www.washingto...ration-numbers/

#19 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

Are the Caps and Holtby headed to arbitration???
Caps offered 5.1 million for 1 year, while Holtby asked for 8 million.  There's also this info that came out of that article...
According to multiple sources, the Capitals have held steady in offering Holtby a long-term contract worth roughly $5.5 million, while the 25-year-old’s camp has countered in the mid-$6 million range. 

I had figured that a long term deal would be reached, but that might not be the case.   It's also interesting that in the potential arbitration case the Caps asked for a ruling for just a 1 year deal which would result in Holtby being an RFA again next year.  Would the Caps then trade Holtby away and go with a cheaper option in Grubauer???  Interesting situation to keep an eye on.  Here's the link to the full story.http://www.washingto...ration-numbers/
</blockquote>

The talked about numbers were for 5/6 year extension. The 1 year arb numbers are different because they are for one year. They will come to a number and then they will work out something long term. Nothing to see here.
@JeremyMStrain

#20 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:44 PM

The talked about numbers were for 5/6 year extension. The 1 year arb numbers are different because they are for one year. They will come to a number and then they will work out something long term. Nothing to see here.

What about MoJo, hearing anything there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=