• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

Turner Sports has signed Inside the NBA's Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson to multi-year contract extensions.

The rumors are 4-5 year deals.

Would they add Simmons to that crew? Or does Simmons have one less option?

Either way, glad to see this....  the existing Turner crew is great.

#2 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,354 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Turner Sports has signed Inside the NBA's Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson to multi-year contract extensions.

The rumors are 4-5 year deals.

Would they add Simmons to that crew? Or does Simmons have one less option?

Either way, glad to see this....  the existing Turner crew is great.

Shaq isn't great.

Turner and the NBA network are basically partners from what I can tell. Maybe Simmons can work for both in some capacity.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Shaq isn't great.

Turner and the NBA Network are basically partners from what I can tell. Maybe Simmons can work for both in some capacity.

Yeah, there is a partnership. The guys are interchanged... especially the B squad guys - S. Smith, Thomas, etc.

I like Shaq fine on the show. He has his place. He can be disengaged at times... when he's interested, he can have interesting points of view.

He works well as a counter to Barkley.

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

Simmons having his own sports show on HBO or Showtime sounds like a good fit for him.

#5 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

Shaq isn't great.

Turner and the NBA network are basically partners from what I can tell. Maybe Simmons can work for both in some capacity.

I'm pretty surprised they extended Shaq. I agree he isn't great and whenever they talk to him, it seems like it's forced. He really doesn't fit well unless they just want him there as a mascot/teddy bear/someone to make fun of when they don't feel like laughing at Chuck.

@PeterDiLutis

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:12 PM

Shaq is entertaining. That's why he's there.

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

They just need EJ, Chuck and Kenny. No need for any 4th guy. And no, Simmons would not fit well with those guys. He takes himself way too seriously and would be  easily butthurt. 

#8 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:20 PM

They just need EJ, Chuck and Kenny. No need for any 4th guy. And no, Simmons would not fit well with those guys. He takes himself way too seriously and would be  easily butthurt. 

I think you're right - those 3 guys are so good on their own that it's tough for a 4th guy to fit in. And I love Bill Simmons, but not sure there's room for 3 brilliant analyst guys with the ringleader in Ernie. The 3 of those are fine. Shaq has a horrific voice for television and often seems aloof and secluded over there on the left side.

@PeterDiLutis

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

Not a fan of Shaq on Inside the NBA. I liked Webber on the occasions when he filled in. I just don't think Simmons fits at all on that set.   He could do something on HBO and be better (probably more leeway) and since HBO and Turner are both owned by Time Warner, maybe make an occasional appearance on TNT.

• PD24 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=