51 replies to this topic

#41 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:34 AM

My buddy has a Fire Disk and we've made honey old bay wings in them for years. They are hands down the best wings I've ever had.

If you can get your hands on spicy honey that's awesome for wings, pizza, anything really.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#42 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:03 AM

Delish: The 76 Most Delish Things To Cook On The Grill
https://www.delish.c...ecipes/?slide=1

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:07 PM

Balt Sun: 40 tips that will make you a great grill master

https://www.baltimor...otogallery.html

#44 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:01 PM

I saw a backyard gas grill that came with wifi.

Is there anything made these days that are not connectable to the internet? :)

#45 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:15 PM

I saw a backyard gas grill that came with wifi.

Is there anything made these days that are not connectable to the internet? :)

Lol, I was laughing the other day at the grill thermometers that connect to your phone, and you check and follow the internal temp on that. Is nothing sacred and low-tech these days?

• Old Man likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#46 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:26 PM

Lol, I was laughing the other day at the grill thermometers that connect to your phone, and you check and follow the internal temp on that. Is nothing sacred and low-tech these days?

I saw a silly movie with my grandboys, and the refrigerator comes to life as a person from another time era and attacks this guy.

I guess whats next, all the wifi gadets in the house come to life to attack you. :)

Even help our lives if we lose wifi and count work our gadgets.

#47 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:30 PM

I saw a silly movie with my grandboys, and the refrigerator comes to life as a person from another time era and attacks this guy.

I guess whats next, all the wifi gadets in the house come to life to attack you. :)

Even help our lives if we lose wifi and count work our gadgets.

I personally make sure to be very polite when talking to our future overlord Alexa to stay on her good side.

@JeremyMStrain

#48 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:38 PM

I personally make sure to be very polite when talking to our future overlord Alexa to stay on her good side.

Ive got Alexa, and it talks to my ring doorbell, pretty cool. I like that i can talk to the people who ring my door, and they dont know if I am home or not.

Going to get techy, and get some plug adaptors and get alexa to be able to turn the lights on or off.

I cant really get a wifi themostat as my older house isnt wire right for the hvac to work with one, I need to pay them to run a new wire and that just isnt worth the return.

#49 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:59 PM

Ive got Alexa, and it talks to my ring doorbell, pretty cool. I like that i can talk to the people who ring my door, and they dont know if I am home or not.

Going to get techy, and get some plug adaptors and get alexa to be able to turn the lights on or off.

I cant really get a wifi themostat as my older house isnt wire right for the hvac to work with one, I need to pay them to run a new wire and that just isnt worth the return.

Yeah we have the doorbell and a couple cameras around the house. It’s kinda like an intercom system for us.

I think I’m about to get a couple plugs too. Wife has to have the tv on at night and never turns it off.

But no more hijacking the grilling thread.

I’ve shifted from grilling to using my outdoor flat top. So much more fun.
@JeremyMStrain

#50 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:05 AM

Yeah we have the doorbell and a couple cameras around the house. It’s kinda like an intercom system for us.

I think I’m about to get a couple plugs too. Wife has to have the tv on at night and never turns it off.

But no more hijacking the grilling thread.

I’ve shifted from grilling to using my outdoor flat top. So much more fun.

My wife prefers to use her indoor griller on her stovetop. Im surprised at how well the two exhaust fans handle the smoke and ordors.

#51 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:06 AM

My wife prefers to use her indoor griller on her stovetop. Im surprised at how well the two exhaust fans handle the smoke and ordors.

I have a small flattop there too built in but I pretty much just use it for pancakes or grilled cheese.

Make some mean quesadillas, cheesesteaks, burgers, French toast and bacon outside on the big one though. Haven’t done fried rice yet but it’s on my list.
@JeremyMStrain

#52 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:34 AM

I have a small flattop there too built in but I pretty much just use it for pancakes or grilled cheese.

Make some mean quesadillas, cheesesteaks, burgers, French toast and bacon outside on the big one though. Haven’t done fried rice yet but it’s on my list.

thought about getting a flattop castiron thingy to sit on top of the griller, to do just that.

I get the best result for my thick bacon, using the wire rack for cooling cookies in a large cookie pan and baking in the oven @ 350.

• JeremyStrain likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=