#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm late to this party - I'm in if there's enough room. Let me know.

#24 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

How many do you have? Is there money involved? What are the basic rules?

If you need someone, I will play, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I commit.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

How many do you have? Is there money involved? What are the basic rules?

If you need someone, I will play, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I commit.

Nothing set up yet, just had the idea to have a BSL league in this thread and wanted to see if there was enough interest to do one. Looks like there's a little more than half a league right now. I would cap it at 10 or 12, I don't like bigger watered down leagues.

Probably just standard ESPN league, bragging rights only, cause money between internet friends never ends well.
@JeremyMStrain

#26 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Nothing set up yet, just had the idea to have a BSL league in this thread and wanted to see if there was enough interest to do one. Looks like there's a little more than half a league right now. I would cap it at 10 or 12, I don't like bigger watered down leagues.

Probably just standard ESPN league, bragging rights only, cause money between internet friends never ends well.

So based on these parameters, you can count me in. However, I urge you to avoid ESPN, as they truly suck. Among free sites, Yahoo is the gold standard in terms of usability, customizing, and advanced features.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#27 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

So based on these parameters, you can count me in. However, I urge you to avoid ESPN, as they truly suck. Among free sites, Yahoo is the gold standard in terms of usability, customizing, and advanced features.

I've used both for 10+ years, they can both do the same stuff if you know how to find the stuff to set them up. I've already got 2 ESPN leagues and 0 Yahoo leagues though, so if I'm going to run one I'd rather keep them all in one place. Pure selfishness, but I find multiple sites = more neglecting.
@JeremyMStrain

#28 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

I agree, Yahoo is far superior, but no big deal. I don't want to inconvenience AS if he's running point.

#29 bhrusty

bhrusty
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm in too, if there's a spot. My dynasty league has gone to email drafts (only 6 rounds, and really only the first 2-3 matter) so I'm always up for a redraft or new keeper.

I love my dynasty though, 12 teams, 20 teams w/4 taxi spots, keep 18. Just swapped 1,1, FJones and DHB for Forte, Jennings (I have MJD) and a pair of 2s today, so I'm fired up for the season.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@bbhrusty

#30 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'll play if there is a spot open.

Getting ready to select my four keepers. I'm still trying to trade for Gronkowski who would be a 9th round keeper (and is criminally undervalued by his owner and the rest of the league), but here are my current options. I essentially have to keep McCoy and Gore as my top two picks (everyone in the league keeps top two picks, so 3rd round is our 1st round drafted each year), and the rest of my guys would have to be kept in lieu of picks in the listed rounds (either because they were drafted their last year or have had their value increase because I kept them before):

LeSean McCoy - 1st
Frank Gore - 2nd
Dez Bryant - 3rd
Stevie Johnson - 5th
Julio Jones - 7th
Matthew Stafford - 7th (6th if I keep Jones)
Antonio Brown - 12th (we don't do points for return yards, but do count return TDs)

I'm planning on Jones and Stafford at this point. Ideally I can trade a 6th or so round pick for Gronk and then trade away Jones for a similar pick.

#31 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I find when money isn't involved I lose interest. I don't think you need a big amount of $$$, just something to play for. I've done leagues with $20 buy-ins and leagues as high as $225.

I'd love to do a BSL League for money. Let me know if anyone else is interested and i'll try and set it up.
@levineps

#32 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

I find when money isn't involved I lose interest. I don't think you need a big amount of $$$, just something to play for. I've done leagues with $20 buy-ins and leagues as high as $225.

I'd love to do a BSL League for money. Let me know if anyone else is interested and i'll try and set it up.

No thanks. Plenty of horror stories from doing $$$ leagues over at OH.

I'm going to run this one for bragging rights and if people want to play, awesome, if not and they'd rather play for money I get that too, no prob at all. Ask SG to tell you about some stories. I'm sure MWeb remembers the $$$ league where people never paid a couple years ago too. Just not worth the headache over the internets for me.

For those who said they were down, I'll set it up this weekend, we will shoot for an online draft probably a sunday evening/night late August before the season starts, but I'll try to get feedback for that after I set it up.
@JeremyMStrain

#33 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

No thanks. Plenty of horror stories from doing $$$ leagues over at OH.

I'm going to run this one for bragging rights and if people want to play, awesome, if not and they'd rather play for money I get that too, no prob at all. Ask SG to tell you about some stories. I'm sure MWeb remembers the $$$ league where people never paid a couple years ago too. Just not worth the headache over the internets for me.

For those who said they were down, I'll set it up this weekend, we will shoot for an online draft probably a sunday evening/night late August before the season starts, but I'll try to get feedback for that after I set it up.

Sorry about your bad experiences, I've done a few internet leagues myself(never for a lot of $$$) and have had positive experiences.
@levineps

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Ok so I've got a league all set up. For all of you that said you were in to prove you are the top BSL FF player, send me a PM with your email address and I'll get invites sent out.

We'll talk about scheduling an online draft closer to the end of the preseason.
@JeremyMStrain

#35 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

See what you guys think. I'm in a keeper league where I can keep as little as 3 or as many as 5. I'm pretty sure I'm only going to keep 3 but I'm deciding who I want as my 3rd choice. It's a 2 RB/2WR/2 flex league. Here are the players to choose from.

Keepers:
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant

Choosing from:
Robert Meachem
Demarius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Michael Turner
Jonathan Stewart
Roy Helu
Jason Witten

Really undecided on what to do here. On one hand, I would prefer to keep a RB but Helu, Turner, and Stewart all have big downsides. Turner is old and could fall off, Stewart is stuck in a timeshare, and Helu the same most likely.

On to the WRs.

Thomas has upside while Jackson is proven. Witten really isn't in play for me but I threw him in the mix. Neither is Meachem though I think he could easily be close to Vincent jackson's numbers in San Diego.

So, do I go with 3 WRs leaving myself needing to draft QB, and RB with my first 3 picks or do I go with one of the Rbs and give myself flexibility. In all honesty I love Jonathan Stewart's future. I think as soon as he gets out of that timeshare he will be a terrific top 10 RB. The problem is I think he could be the lowest scoring player for this year in '12 of all the options I'm choosing from because of Williams and Tolbert in Carolina. Plus, there is a chance I could redraft him later and not have to keep him. I feel like I wouldn't be getting the value to keep him.

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

See what you guys think. I'm in a keeper league where I can keep as little as 3 or as many as 5. I'm pretty sure I'm only going to keep 3 but I'm deciding who I want as my 3rd choice. It's a 2 RB/2WR/2 flex league. Here are the players to choose from.

Keepers:
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant

Choosing from:
Robert Meachem
Demarius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Michael Turner
Jonathan Stewart
Roy Helu
Jason Witten

Really undecided on what to do here. On one hand, I would prefer to keep a RB but Helu, Turner, and Stewart all have big downsides. Turner is old and could fall off, Stewart is stuck in a timeshare, and Helu the same most likely.

On to the WRs.

Thomas has upside while Jackson is proven. Witten really isn't in play for me but I threw him in the mix. Neither is Meachem though I think he could easily be close to Vincent jackson's numbers in San Diego.

So, do I go with 3 WRs leaving myself needing to draft QB, and RB with my first 3 picks or do I go with one of the Rbs and give myself flexibility. In all honesty I love Jonathan Stewart's future. I think as soon as he gets out of that timeshare he will be a terrific top 10 RB. The problem is I think he could be the lowest scoring player for this year in '12 of all the options I'm choosing from because of Williams and Tolbert in Carolina. Plus, there is a chance I could redraft him later and not have to keep him. I feel like I wouldn't be getting the value to keep him.

I'd keep Turner. You'll definitely have the concerns over him falling off, but I think he's still got something left in the tank and he gets a ton of carries even if he doesn't produce YPC numbers.

What are your thoughts on Dez? I can keep him as a 3rd round pick (1st and 2nd must be kept, so first actual round of the draft). Or I can keep Julio Jones as a 7th.

I'm leaning towards trying to trade Dez and keep Jones. Also keeping Stafford as another 7th round pick. McCoy as my 1st. And Gore as my 2nd. I could get crazy and not keep Gore and instead keep Dez as my 2nd rounder. I've had a long love affair with Gore, though, and last year was the first time he ever did me wrong.

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'd keep Turner. You'll definitely have the concerns over him falling off, but I think he's still got something left in the tank and he gets a ton of carries even if he doesn't produce YPC numbers.

What are your thoughts on Dez? I can keep him as a 3rd round pick (1st and 2nd must be kept, so first actual round of the draft). Or I can keep Julio Jones as a 7th.

I'm leaning towards trying to trade Dez and keep Jones. Also keeping Stafford as another 7th round pick. McCoy as my 1st. And Gore as my 2nd. I could get crazy and not keep Gore and instead keep Dez as my 2nd rounder. I've had a long love affair with Gore, though, and last year was the first time he ever did me wrong.

I'd def keep Stafford and Jones and give up the 6th and 7th round picks. I think I would role the dice and keep Bryant over Gore. Higher upside. I like to keep WRs just because in theory their shelf life is longer. With Julio Jones and Dez you would have two borderline #1 Wrs both for '12 and the future. You def have a top teir RB and QB with Mccoy and Stafford. So with 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders just fill those spots with BPAs at RB and WR. It seems to me you'd have a good chance to get Gore back in the redraft if you really like him. I think it's possible you can do better than Gore in the 3rd which is why I would keep Dez as a 2nd and take the 3rd round draft pick.

BTW....if you can somehow work the trade for Gronkowski without giving up McCoy or Stafford do it. He's a legit top 20 fantasy player this year.

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

BTW....if you can somehow work the trade for Gronkowski without giving up McCoy or Stafford do it. He's a legit top 20 fantasy player this year.

The guy with Gronk is stacked on keepers already, so he is probably just gonna move him for picks (unless he wises up and keeps him). I'm hoping to get him for maybe a 5th or 6th round pick if I can, but I'm getting the feeling he's going to hold on to him and keep him (as a 9th rounder, hell of a keeper!).

#39 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Drafted last night:

QB: Matt Stafford
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR/RB: The Law Firm
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Darren Sproles
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
K: Mike Nugent
DEF: Houston

BENCH: Matt Schaub, Torrey Smith, Denarius Moore, Greg Little, Toby Gerhart, Donald Brown, Seattle D

#40 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Dont forget to msg me your email addy if you want in the bsl league.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=