#5701 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:14 PM

He had a tweet and photo last month where he was standing near this house where their political sign said "the wrestler mayor is a moron"

#5702 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:04 PM

He had a tweet and photo last month where he was standing near this house where their political sign said "the wrestler mayor is a moron"

I thought that was his next door neighbor, though I may be wrong!

Also, I'm kinda pumped for the triple threat and Owens/Zayn. I'm hyped for Sasha/Bianca though. 

#5703 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:24 PM

I thought that was his next door neighbor, though I may be wrong!

Also, I'm kinda pumped for the triple threat and Owens/Zayn. I'm hyped for Sasha/Bianca though. 

The Lashley-Drew match should be good too.  They have pushed both of those guys, it will be interesting to see who they have win.  My guess is Lashley.  On a show that is screwed up, Lashley and  DM are perfectly scripted.

I think Bianca gets the belt.

No idea who wins the triple threat.  I don't think there is a bad choice from the 3.  My hunch is DB, butit could be any of them.  

All 3 are playing their roles perfectly.

@mikeghg

#5704 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:05 PM

The first night of Wrestlemania (rain delay notwithstanding) was really well-done.

Again...Bianca is a -star-. Holy crap, that was the perfect ending to the night.

Also, the Bunny Destroyer! WOW!

#5705 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:14 PM

The first night of Wrestlemania (rain delay notwithstanding) was really well-done.

Again...Bianca is a -star-. Holy crap, that was the perfect ending to the night.

Also, the Bunny Destroyer! WOW!

Yep, WM night one really delivered.

I liked the Lashley/DM match to open.  Bianca/Banks to close was great.  I loved Bianca's reaction.  Do not screw it up Vince, I agree she is a star.

Rollins. Cesaro also was great.

Bunny was really good.  

Night 2 should be good too.

Well done.

@mikeghg

#5706 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 08:34 PM

Great Khali is a hall of famer? 

He wrestled full time for what? 2 years? Was a gimmick who'd show up here and there otherwise.

The Rock still isn't in though. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5707 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:32 PM

Yep, WM night one really delivered.

I liked the Lashley/DM match to open.  Bianca/Banks to close was great.  I loved Bianca's reaction.  Do not screw it up Vince, I agree she is a star.

Rollins. Cesaro also was great.

Bunny was really good.  

Night 2 should be good too.

Well done.

Night 2 was so bad by comparison.

The Triple Threat was very good, Owens/Zayn was very good, and Asuka/Ripley was decent. After that, it was all not good. Yeesh. WTF.

That women's tag team match might have been one of the worst WM wrestling matches (featuring all wrestlers) that I've ever seen. It's not THE worst but it sure is down there.

#5708 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:34 PM

Great Khali is a hall of famer? 

He wrestled full time for what? 2 years? Was a gimmick who'd show up here and there otherwise.

The Rock still isn't in though. 

He's been really instrumental in Indian outreach and training since his career ended. Not saying that makes him a HOFer but it gives it more merit than just his in-ring career.

• Mike in STL likes this

#5709 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:24 AM

Night 2 was so bad by comparison.

The Triple Threat was very good, Owens/Zayn was very good, and Asuka/Ripley was decent. After that, it was all not good. Yeesh. WTF.

That women's tag team match might have been one of the worst WM wrestling matches (featuring all wrestlers) that I've ever seen. It's not THE worst but it sure is down there.

I watched it after not having watched WWE since, well, last WM. I don’t want to sound like a hater, but most of the matches were worse than what you get an a regular episode of Dynamite.

Also, I know why the producers cut from camera to camera quickly, or zoom in zoom out rapidly. But man, the frequency was nauseating to watch at times. Might be one of the differences that sticks out the most between AEW and WWE when you haven’t watched it in a long time.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5710 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:36 AM

That was a poor show. That performance and the move to
Peacock has put an end to my wrestling fandom I think.

#5711 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:22 PM

I thought the first 2 matches, put the show off to a bad start.  I thought KO and Zayn was pretty good, as was Sheamus and Riddle.

The Main Event, IMO was excellent.  Reigns and Bryan can really go and Edge still puts on a great show.

I think Wyatt is really limited physically.  I think he may have been wearing a back brace yesterday.  Why they started with that match is a mystery.  

@mikeghg

#5712 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 April 2021 - 10:27 PM

I thought the first 2 matches, put the show off to a bad start.  I thought KO and Zayn was pretty good, as was Sheamus and Riddle.

The Main Event, IMO was excellent.  Reigns and Bryan can really go and Edge still puts on a great show.

I think Wyatt is really limited physically.  I think he may have been wearing a back brace yesterday.  Why they started with that match is a mystery.  

I think Owens/Zayn was the obvious show-opener, and I'm dumbfounded that they didn't go in that direction.

• Mike B likes this

#5713 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:07 AM

I think Owens/Zayn was the obvious show-opener, and I'm dumbfounded that they didn't go in that direction.

Yea, that would have been made sense.

I think a show needs to open and close strong.  Every show has its cool down match somewhere in it, and any match with Nia Jax and Tamiana in it, should be the cool down match.  Unfortunately, Night 2 had both the down matches at the beginning.  I thought Night 2 was good after those 2 stinkers.

@mikeghg

#5714 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:42 PM

Yea, that would have been made sense.
I think a show needs to open and close strong. Every show has its cool down match somewhere in it, and any match with Nia Jax and Tamiana in it, should be the cool down match. Unfortunately, Night 2 had both the down matches at the beginning. I thought Night 2 was good after those 2 stinkers.

Fiend/Orton shouldn’t have been a down match though. Whoever booked that dropped the ball.

#5715 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:09 PM

Fiend/Orton shouldn’t have been a down match though. Whoever booked that dropped the ball.

I really believe Wyatt is limited physically.  Take a look at the match and I think he is wearing a back brace.  

Add that to the fact, that the whole Alexa/Fiend story line has run its course, and IMo is dumb in the first place, the match was doomed.

@mikeghg

#5716 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:00 PM

Samoa Joe, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Wesley Blake, Bo Dallas - released

#5717 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:15 PM

Samoa Joe, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Wesley Blake, Bo Dallas - released

I dunno the story behind the Samoa Joe release but I gotta think they'd have room for him as a commentator at the very least.

That's a gut punch.

Mojo got released, too.

#5718 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:37 AM

Joe seems badly out of shape, and not close to a ring return.

I also think he was pretty bad on commentary, which is pretty much the norm with their commentators.

Bo Dallas has retired from the ring and has gone into business for himself.

The interesting thing is, they made a bunch of cuts last year on the same date.

It is cold blooded IMO.  Supposedly, they made 100M in profit the last qtr. and just sold the network for 1B to Peacock.

I think part of the reason for the cuts is that they are not doing any house shows, so there is not work for some of the above.

@mikeghg

#5719 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:39 AM

I would think the Iconics land in AEW.  I think Royce's husband works there.

@mikeghg

#5720 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:51 AM

Joe seems badly out of shape, and not close to a ring return.

I also think he was pretty bad on commentary, which is pretty much the norm with their commentators.

Bo Dallas has retired from the ring and has gone into business for himself.

The interesting thing is, they made a bunch of cuts last year on the same date.

It is cold blooded IMO. Supposedly, they made 100M in profit the last qtr. and just sold the network for 1B to Peacock.

I think part of the reason for the cuts is that they are not doing any house shows, so there is not work for some of the above.

Disagree on both counts regarding Joe. Thought he was great on commentary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=