#5861 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 23 February 2023 - 03:00 PM

His matches with Rollins were outstanding because Seth is one of the best in ring performers in WWE

Rollins is excellent. Cody is very good worker as well. He gets the psychology and he knows how to put a match together.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5862 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2023 - 03:29 PM

I think they did the right thing. Zayn has gotten over with the Bloodline angle and turn but they've been building to Cody-Reigns at this year's Mania since Cody arrived. 

I've enjoyed Sami's resurgence over the last year but putting the belts on him wouldn't have made any sense long term. With that said, Cody has been pretty much flawless since he came back. His matches with Rollins last year were outstanding and his promo work with Paul E and Sami have been very good, as well. 

Sami is a feel good story but having Cody beat Roman is the correct play, IMO.

I will be surprised if Sami and KO do not get the tag belts, for a short term.

@mikeghg

#5863 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2023 - 03:32 PM

I think HHH is playing the Zayn-Rhodes-KO-Uso's and RR perfectly.

The shows have been good.  Last weeks PPV was very good.  The WWE is in better shape story line well without Vince controlling things.

@mikeghg

#5864 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 March 2023 - 02:23 PM

John Cena returned last night and is set for WM working with Austin Theory.

Cena, as usual cut a great spot with Theory.

Trish Stratus also returns and will team with Lita and Becky Lynch working with Bayley, Dakota Kay and Iyo Sky.

BTW Trish still looks great.

@mikeghg

#5865 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 10:34 PM

John Cena returned last night and is set for WM working with Austin Theory.
Cena, as usual cut a great spot with Theory.

Trish Stratus also returns and will team with Lita and Becky Lynch working with Bayley, Dakota Kay and Iyo Sky.
BTW Trish still looks great.

Yawn. Cena loses, again. Does Theory really need Cena to put him over? Isn’t he already over like rover?

Cena hasn’t won a PPV match since 2017. Unless you count the Saudi show he beat HHH, which I don’t.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5866 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 March 2023 - 08:25 PM

Yawn. Cena loses, again. Does Theory really need Cena to put him over? Isn’t he already over like rover?

Cena hasn’t won a PPV match since 2017. Unless you count the Saudi show he beat HHH, which I don’t.

That is his role now, and yea I think Theory is helped by Cena.

@mikeghg

#5867 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 08:50 AM

That is his role now, and yea I think Theory is helped by Cena.

Yeah, but its tired. Theory is going to win, and everyone knows it, so does it help? 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5868 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 14 March 2023 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, but its tired. Theory is going to win, and everyone knows it, so does it help? 

The next couple weeks, the build to the match can help. Plus, for as good as Theory's work is at a young age, it can't hurt being in the ring with Cena. He certainly can pick up a few things.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5869 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 March 2023 - 11:21 AM

Cena still creates a buzz.  WM is about big names and Cena is still a big name.  I think it helps the lukewarm fan recognize Theory.

I have been to 6 WM's and the "legends" sell.  You can see it in the build up and you can see it in the merch sales and in the appearances at the podiums.  Cena is the king maker now.  Yea he is very likely to lose, but it is his role now.

Theory got schooled on the mic by Cena on Monday.  It reminded me of the one he did with Reigns some years back.  Reigns learned and got better, maybe Theory does too.

• BSLJamieSieck likes this
@mikeghg

#5870 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 March 2023 - 04:05 PM

Cena still creates a buzz.  WM is about big names and Cena is still a big name.  I think it helps the lukewarm fan recognize Theory.

I have been to 6 WM's and the "legends" sell.  You can see it in the build up and you can see it in the merch sales and in the appearances at the podiums.  Cena is the king maker now.  Yea he is very likely to lose, but it is his role now.

Theory got schooled on the mic by Cena on Monday.  It reminded me of the one he did with Reigns some years back.  Reigns learned and got better, maybe Theory does too.

It never hurts to bring back a star and "made man" like Cena. They may be able to do something very similar to the Cena-Rock program from 10 years ago or so. Perhaps not exactly the same but maybe Cena can do some shots throughout the year and have the feud with Theory go beyond Mania. They need to do what they can to push Theory and get him away from that whole "he's Vince's boy" thing because he can work and can definitely be in the world title picture. I would be all about a Cody-Austin Theory program down the road. 

Out of curiosity, which WMs have you been to? I went to XV in Philly to see Austin and Rock. It was pretty friggin incredible.

@primetime667083

#5871 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 March 2023 - 05:16 PM

It never hurts to bring back a star and "made man" like Cena. They may be able to do something very similar to the Cena-Rock program from 10 years ago or so. Perhaps not exactly the same but maybe Cena can do some shots throughout the year and have the feud with Theory go beyond Mania. They need to do what they can to push Theory and get him away from that whole "he's Vince's boy" thing because he can work and can definitely be in the world title picture. I would be all about a Cody-Austin Theory program down the road. 

Out of curiosity, which WMs have you been to? I went to XV in Philly to see Austin and Rock. It was pretty friggin incredible.

Atlanta, NY, Dallas, Orlando, New Orleans and Miami.  Not in the right Order.

My son is a huge fan, and I went grudgingly to the first one, but they are a lot of fun and entertaining.

My favorite location, New Orleans and Atlanta.  My least favorite Dallas, and because of logistics and cost NY.

@mikeghg

#5872 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 April 2023 - 07:07 PM

WM Saturday Night was great.  Sunday has a tough act to follow.

@mikeghg

#5873 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 10:37 AM

Spoiler.

So we’re in for at least another 365 days of Roman as the champ, right?

No one on the roster has been able to beat him. Cody was an outsider, built himself up and told this story for a while, didn’t win.

If you aren’t dropping the belt to a new, very legit contender at WM, you aren’t dropping it at a mid PPV against a mid opponent.

Austin Theory gets the seal of approval by facing Cena Saturday. He’s probably in line to win the next Royal Rumble and challenge Roman and WM 40.

But until then, Roman will defend the title about 5 times and 4 of those times will be against someone 100% not beating him. Whoever faces him at SummerSlam might have a chance, but I’d put the odds at a 75% chance Roman wins.

Theory vs. Roman would be 50/50.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5874 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 April 2023 - 04:10 PM

I still think RR is going to drop the belt much before WM 40.  That said, I was convinced he was losing to COdy.

I did a little math.  The WWE has the backlash PPV and after last night it looks like Cody will work with Lesnar in that one.  

I think the next PPV is in Jeddah and if I counted right that will be 1,000 days.  I still expect Cody to get the belt and maybe it ios there.

@mikeghg

#5875 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 April 2023 - 04:11 PM

I think WM 39 was excellent as a whole.  The shows are so much better with HHH at the helm.

@mikeghg

#5876 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 06:14 PM

I still think RR is going to drop the belt much before WM 40. That said, I was convinced he was losing to COdy.

I did a little math. The WWE has the backlash PPV and after last night it looks like Cody will work with Lesnar in that one.
I think the next PPV is in Jeddah and if I counted right that will be 1,000 days. I still expect Cody to get the belt and maybe it ios there.

It would be a damn shame if they have him drop the title in front of that crowd.

I don’t see how it goes down anywhere but WM 40. I think Cody ends up the US champ at some point, clearing the way for Theory to win the rumble and face Roman.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5877 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 April 2023 - 02:27 PM

It would be a damn shame if they have him drop the title in front of that crowd.

I don’t see how it goes down anywhere but WM 40. I think Cody ends up the US champ at some point, clearing the way for Theory to win the rumble and face Roman.

I still Cody gets the belt.  The feud with Lesnar will be short.

@mikeghg

#5878 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 June 2023 - 04:17 PM

I still Cody gets the belt.  The feud with Lesnar will be short.

I think we have to wait for Cody's arm to heal and then him and Brock have either a Hell in the Cell or an I Quit match at Summer Slam.

I didn't think they could get past the piss poor decision of not putting the belt on Cody at WM but they've done it. The Bloodline saga is still really good and Cody is the most over babyface that pro wrestling has seen in a long time. 

I saw an idea floated that Rollins will face Reigns later in the year (Survivor Series, maybe?) and drop the newly created belt, so all the titles are unified. Then Cody gets to finally finish the story at WM 40.

@primetime667083

#5879 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 June 2023 - 01:32 PM

I think we have to wait for Cody's arm to heal and then him and Brock have either a Hell in the Cell or an I Quit match at Summer Slam.

I didn't think they could get past the piss poor decision of not putting the belt on Cody at WM but they've done it. The Bloodline saga is still really good and Cody is the most over babyface that pro wrestling has seen in a long time. 

I saw an idea floated that Rollins will face Reigns later in the year (Survivor Series, maybe?) and drop the newly created belt, so all the titles are unified. Then Cody gets to finally finish the story at WM 40.

They are making a big deal of the new belts.  I think they leave them split.  

@mikeghg

#5880 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 August 2023 - 08:40 PM

Ugh, Bray Wyatt dead at 36

Also just found out his dad was

Irwin R Schyster (IRS)