BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 January 2023 - 11:21 AM

It was bound to happen.

I was surprised that he left in the first place and I think he regrets doing so.

What if his play is to broker the sale, with the caveat that he be named CEO?

Who needs written angles when you have real life? LOL

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5824 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 January 2023 - 11:46 AM

I was surprised that he left in the first place and I think he regrets doing so.

Everything I've read so far is on screen stuff is going to stay completely unaffected (not that I believe it) and this is about the sale only. Something about needing the votes on the board which is why he installed 3 votes when he came back.

@JeremyMStrain

#5825 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 January 2023 - 08:43 PM

Stephanie resigned today.  That is interesting.  The shows have been MUCH better with HHH running them.  Hopefully he doesn't follow his wife out the door.

It is very possible Vince is back to see the WWE.

@mikeghg

#5826 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 09:45 PM

Stephanie resigned today. That is interesting. The shows have been MUCH better with HHH running them. Hopefully he doesn't follow his wife out the door.
It is very possible Vince is back to see the WWE.

I’m curious how they get along on a personal level. Steph and Vince. End of the day, in Steph’s eyes, dad cheated on mom. With multiple women. With some Steph probably considered friends as these women were in the business. She could very well hate his guts and can’t stand to be in the same room as him, let alone stand by as he gets away clean from his wrong doings.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5827 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2023 - 03:37 PM

I’m curious how they get along on a personal level. Steph and Vince. End of the day, in Steph’s eyes, dad cheated on mom. With multiple women. With some Steph probably considered friends as these women were in the business. She could very well hate his guts and can’t stand to be in the same room as him, let alone stand by as he gets away clean from his wrong doings.

I think it is very possible.  I have been to a number of WM's going back about 12 years and Vince is rarely seen, but Linda and Stephanie are often seen together at places like HOF ceremony, NXT events and even a Q&A with fans.  The wrestlers rarely talk of the McMahon's, but when they do, it is usually how classy Stephanie is.  I was told years ago, that Vince lives in Connecticut and Linda lives in Florida and that has been the case for almost 20 years. 

I also think it is possible that if the rumors are true about the Saudi's buying the WWE, Stephanie may want no part of it.  She has been a champion for Women's issues and working with or for the Saudi's has to disgust her. 

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#5828 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 10:38 AM

I think it is very possible.  I have been to a number of WM's going back about 12 years and Vince is rarely seen, but Linda and Stephanie are often seen together at places like HOF ceremony, NXT events and even a Q&A with fans.  The wrestlers rarely talk of the McMahon's, but when they do, it is usually how classy Stephanie is.  I was told years ago, that Vince lives in Connecticut and Linda lives in Florida and that has been the case for almost 20 years. 

I also think it is possible that if the rumors are true about the Saudi's buying the WWE, Stephanie may want no part of it.  She has been a champion for Women's issues and working with or for the Saudi's has to disgust her. 

I was thinking the same thing, both their family dynamic and the sale. I went down the rabbit hole for them personally the rift may be more because Vince was going to take that bag and undercut everyone who wanted to keep it in the family.

I know like half the roster has said if they sell to the Saudi's, they are out. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE gets sold to the Saudi's, but then a new org. pops up from the ashes run by Hunter and Steph. Would be really interesting to see if WWE goes the way of WCW under the Saudi's, we know they have pushed for and wanted some really weird stuff on their shows, and I doubt the fanbase is here for it. Could then turn a potential AEW/WWE feud into more balanced territory if you take away the bottomless pockets WWE has now.

There's intrigue about this whole thing, but I know I'm done with anything the Saudi's own and run.

@JeremyMStrain

#5829 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 January 2023 - 04:13 PM

I was thinking the same thing, both their family dynamic and the sale. I went down the rabbit hole for them personally the rift may be more because Vince was going to take that bag and undercut everyone who wanted to keep it in the family.

I know like half the roster has said if they sell to the Saudi's, they are out. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE gets sold to the Saudi's, but then a new org. pops up from the ashes run by Hunter and Steph. Would be really interesting to see if WWE goes the way of WCW under the Saudi's, we know they have pushed for and wanted some really weird stuff on their shows, and I doubt the fanbase is here for it. Could then turn a potential AEW/WWE feud into more balanced territory if you take away the bottomless pockets WWE has now.

There's intrigue about this whole thing, but I know I'm done with anything the Saudi's own and run.

I also think the advertisers would pull out of WWE programing if the Saudi's own it.

I have no doubt that Vince wanted the Saudi deal, but I am sure he is getting pressure not to do it.

I would think the woman's roster would be a big part of the defections.

We have been to 6 WM's and they are costly, but if the Saudi's own it, we are done.  Frankly, with the way the prices have gone up, we are likely done anyway.

My son and I were talking yesterday and he suggested HHH and Steph  starting up a company.  I think there would have to be a non-compete clause in there somewhere.

@mikeghg

#5830 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:34 PM

I also think the advertisers would pull out of WWE programing if the Saudi's own it.
I have no doubt that Vince wanted the Saudi deal, but I am sure he is getting pressure not to do it.

I would think the woman's roster would be a big part of the defections.
We have been to 6 WM's and they are costly, but if the Saudi's own it, we are done. Frankly, with the way the prices have gone up, we are likely done anyway.

My son and I were talking yesterday and he suggested HHH and Steph starting up a company. I think there would have to be a non-compete clause in there somewhere.

LIV golf can’t get a TV deal. If the Saudis buy WWE, would USA, NBC, Fox pullout?

Maybe. Maybe not. Fox did just do the World Cup.

WWE is also established whereas LIV is an upstart league.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5831 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:40 PM

What did everyone think of the Royal Rumble? Putting the belt on Cody at Mania seems like a no brainer but the groundswell of support for Sami and The Bloodline/Roman situation definitely changes things.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5832 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 01:07 PM

What did everyone think of the Royal Rumble? Putting the belt on Cody at Mania seems like a no brainer but the groundswell of support for Sami and The Bloodline/Roman situation definitely changes things.

I think you don't NEED to put the belt on Sami, he's not at Danielson 2014 levels yet where the fans would revolt if you don't do it. BUT you do have 2 belts too, and those will be split apart soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see one go to Sami between now and WM, and Cody interfere to cost Roman the match, leading to Cody/Roman for the other belt at WM. But it'd be a short lived run like Kofi. A feel good story, and then the question is where do you go afterwards? KO turning on Sami has been done to DEATH. Cody turning heel and coming for his belt too could make sense, he's better as a heel, but you can't do that for a while.

You could ALSO go Jey Uso, and have him go after Roman and a/the belt, and have Sami/KO fight Jimmy/Solo for the tag titles. OR you could end up with Nia Jax coming in to be a calming influence and soothe Jey back, and you've got Sami/KO vs the USOs, and then Solo is kinda free to start his own battle. The fact he's not fighting for IC or US title right now is a shame.

It's been GREAT writing, and it's got me excited to see what they do next, seeing great ACTING out of guys and not just athleticism is pretty awesome, but feels like Sami is better served as a prop for the title picture than as a title candidate himself. You gotta pay that off and have him get SOMETHING out of the deal though. IC/US/Tag. Hell, bring back the TV title and have it defended every episode.

@JeremyMStrain

#5833 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 01:44 PM

Just get the belt of Roman please.

Bruno Samaartino defended the title 653 times in his 2,803 day reign. Or about once every 4-5 days.

Roman has defended it 25 times in 885 days and counting. It will be 945 days when WM gets here for his 26th defense. Or once every 36 days.

Even in the modern era, CM Punk defended the title 22 times in his 434 day reign, which is about every 19-20 days. So all the PPVs and some on Raw/SD.

Roman’s only defended it 5 times since last WM a year ago, and two of those were not even serious threats that he might actually lose. Riddle, Logan Paul?? WTF?? I still don’t know why I’m supposed to care about whatever a Logan Paul is.

The Roman era sucks. The bloodline is boring. Thank god for DVR or else that longer than the Undertaker entrance would make me change the channel.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5834 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 February 2023 - 03:47 PM

Just get the belt of Roman please.

Bruno Samaartino defended the title 653 times in his 2,803 day reign. Or about once every 4-5 days.

Roman has defended it 25 times in 885 days and counting. It will be 945 days when WM gets here for his 26th defense. Or once every 36 days.

Even in the modern era, CM Punk defended the title 22 times in his 434 day reign, which is about every 19-20 days. So all the PPVs and some on Raw/SD.

Roman’s only defended it 5 times since last WM a year ago, and two of those were not even serious threats that he might actually lose. Riddle, Logan Paul?? WTF?? I still don’t know why I’m supposed to care about whatever a Logan Paul is.

The Roman era sucks. The bloodline is boring. Thank god for DVR or else that longer than the Undertaker entrance would make me change the channel.

Reigns is good worker and a good promo. The heel turn and pairing with Heyman was what he needed.

With that said, once Reigns decided he wanted to slow down or whatever, they should've taken the belt off of him sooner. The problem was they didn't have a legit babyface challenger for him so the title reign has dragged on. The angle with Sami has been intriguing, even though we all knew where it was headed, Sami has been so good that it's made it worthwhile. However, the entrance alone is enough to make you want to change the channel.

I agree with you about the lack of title defenses but when Reigns does get in the ring, it's usually a good match. Him and Cody should put on a heck of a show at Wrestlemania.

@primetime667083

#5835 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 03:58 PM

Reigns is good worker and a good promo. The heel turn and pairing with Heyman was what he needed.

With that said, once Reigns decided he wanted to slow down or whatever, they should've taken the belt off of him sooner. The problem was they didn't have a legit babyface challenger for him so the title reign has dragged on. The angle with Sami has been intriguing, even though we all knew where it was headed, Sami has been so good that it's made it worthwhile. However, the entrance alone is enough to make you want to change the channel.

I agree with you about the lack of title defenses but when Reigns does get in the ring, it's usually a good match. Him and Cody should put on a heck of a show at Wrestlemania.

I disagree there haven’t been baby face challengers. KO, Drew, country boy tractor driving Brock Lesnar. Going back a little Daniel Bryan.

I also feel like Reigns’ move set is boring. Maybe Cody takes him to another level. He’ll do 8 Superman punches and 4 spears and that’s about it. I bet we get a spear through the barricade!
@BSLMikeRandall

#5836 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 February 2023 - 06:47 PM

Rollins could get a great match out of him
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#5837 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 February 2023 - 11:06 AM

The Reigns hate continues.    I think he does a good job and generates a ton of heat and sells swag,  I think he has done a good job with the Bloodline angle.

I also think his run with the belt is going to end at Wrestlemania or right after it.  Cody is going to get the belt.

@mikeghg

#5838 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 February 2023 - 11:07 AM

I also think KO and Sami are going to get the belts from the USO's.

@mikeghg

#5839 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 02:19 PM

The Reigns hate continues.    I think he does a good job and generates a ton of heat and sells swag,  I think he has done a good job with the Bloodline angle.

I also think his run with the belt is going to end at Wrestlemania or right after it.  Cody is going to get the belt.

I mean, these are the guys the WWE makes the face of the franchise. Guys who get reactions, good and bad. John Cena pretty much started it, I think? Roman has split crowds. People seem more in love with him now, but he was squarely in the Cena role of "Lets go Roman! Roman sucks!" for a while.

It will continue with Cody as well. I think Reigns reign (??) ends because they are backed into a corner where even the biggest monsters on the roster can't/haven't been able to beat him. So Cody coming from the outside a year ago, he's a new look, and will go the distance, and never ever give up. The over/under on superman punches and spears combined should be about 12. And shocked looks and anger from Roman like "how did he kick out?!" will be at least 5. Spear through the barricade is certain. Cody will do some crazy shit. Flaming table might be involved where he takes the brunt of it. It'll be like a 35 minute match probably with 12 minutes of actual wrestling. Cody will get cheered in the moment, but people turned on him in AEW real quick for no apparent reason. Other than maybe not buying what he's selling anymore. Hard to pull off grandson of a plumber when you come to the ring stylin' and profilin' with $5,000 suits and $10,000 watches. He is capable of being that next polarizing figure that love or hate, gets a reaction from everyone. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5840 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 09:25 PM

I mean, these are the guys the WWE makes the face of the franchise. Guys who get reactions, good and bad. John Cena pretty much started it, I think? Roman has split crowds. People seem more in love with him now, but he was squarely in the Cena role of "Lets go Roman! Roman sucks!" for a while.

It will continue with Cody as well. I think Reigns reign (??) ends because they are backed into a corner where even the biggest monsters on the roster can't/haven't been able to beat him. So Cody coming from the outside a year ago, he's a new look, and will go the distance, and never ever give up. The over/under on superman punches and spears combined should be about 12. And shocked looks and anger from Roman like "how did he kick out?!" will be at least 5. Spear through the barricade is certain. Cody will do some crazy shit. Flaming table might be involved where he takes the brunt of it. It'll be like a 35 minute match probably with 12 minutes of actual wrestling. Cody will get cheered in the moment, but people turned on him in AEW real quick for no apparent reason. Other than maybe not buying what he's selling anymore. Hard to pull off grandson of a plumber when you come to the ring stylin' and profilin' with $5,000 suits and $10,000 watches. He is capable of being that next polarizing figure that love or hate, gets a reaction from everyone. 

That was pretty much exactly what the problem was for him at AEW, knowing that he was one of, if not the loudest of all the executives, painted him as being someone you wanted to rail against. Then his wife was involved in a ton of stuff too, so just doubles the chances of getting sick of him. Doesn't take much of a storyline, put him up against one of the really OVER stars and people would turn on him and NEVER come back.

To a degree it's what HHH had to deal with forever, which makes his run through things more entertaining in hindsight and probably why he's KILLING it now.

• Mike in STL likes this
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=