• Please log in to reply
5915 replies to this topic

#5761 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:16 PM

I mean, is there anything exciting about Crown Jewel? Ignoring the million pound elephant in the room surrounding human rights over there, which we'll be reminded of when the women have to wrestle in 5XL tall t-shirts.

If it wasn't a house show for Saudi princes, Roman/Brock ends in chorus of "this is boring" and boos for the fourth or fifth time.

Rollins/Edge in Hell in a Cell is the only thing I'll be interested in seeing bell to bell.

Absolutely not. I just ignore Crown Jewel cause it's pretty much a house show where Vince took the Devil's money for private shows each year.

You think they'd have learned their lesson last year.

@JeremyMStrain

#5762 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:23 AM

Going to Saudi Arabia, is certainly greed from Vince...but it was a good show.  

As for being glorified house shows, isn't that what all PPV types are, especially now every event is now televised on a streaming app.

@mikeghg

#5763 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:40 AM

Going to Saudi Arabia, is certainly greed from Vince...but it was a good show.  

As for being glorified house shows, isn't that what all PPV types are, especially now every event is now televised on a streaming app.

No, I mean by design all of their storylines only evolve and develop from the televised shows or PPV. The house shows are a way to try to cash in on ticket sales and merch, but they don't do anything storyline wise. The ONLY time you see something happen at one of those, which then they have to do a special recap and show everyone what happened, is when there's like an emergency injury or something serious enough they can't do a small segment on tv to explain it. It's like back when I was young, I could go see Hulk Hogan wrestle Ric Flair at the Cap Centre on a random Saturday, but I knew there was NO way that title was changing hands until they wrestled that month at whatever pay per view it was. Always some fluke DQ, or the title holder wins. Notice they don't mention "Randy Orton has had his hands full with Edge lately, as he's beaten him in 18 consecutive matches on the ongoing Smackdown tour" when they are on TV. I've been expecting that as the next progression since they kind of acknowledge that we know the difference between kayfabe and not now, and they treat it more like sports than a soap opera from the 80's.

"OH MY GOD, THAT SNAKE BIT HIM, HE'S GONNA DIE!!!!!"

Saudi, they MIGHT make a title change, or set up some future storylines, like crowning the King of the Ring, which basically USED to be what Money in the Bank is, cause it used to come with a guaranteed title shot, but look at the results yesterday. No titles switching, and a lot of the matches are one-offs, generally stuff that the Saudi prince wants to see, which is why we saw so many old guys in matches they shouldn't be the past couple years.

@JeremyMStrain

#5764 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 10:49 PM

Eighteen releases today, including:

Scarlett

Frankie Monet

Ember Moon

Oney Lorcan

B-FAB

Trey Baxter

Katrina Cortez

Jeet Rama

Gran Metalik

Karrion Kross

Lince Dorado

Keith Lee

Nia Jax

Harry Smith

Mia Yim

Eva Marie

Zayda Ramier

Jessi Kamea

#5765 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 November 2021 - 06:39 AM

Ember Moon would be great for AEW

• Mike in STL likes this

#5766 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:00 AM

Ember Moon would be great for AEW

Keith Lee too.

@BSLMikeRandall

#5767 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 November 2021 - 07:30 PM

Some douche hopped the barricade and attacked Rollins the other day, even worse the moron was cat fished by a fake Rollins account before this happened.

#5768 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 06:20 PM

Roman has tested positive for Covid so he's obviously out of the Day 1 PPV for tonight.  He was scheduled to face Brock.

Brock will now compete in a 5-way for the WWE Championship with Big E, KO, Seth, and the All Mighty.  Gotta say that I'm looking forward to that.

Also, sucks that Roman got Covid considering his history.  Hope he's all right.

• Mike B likes this

#5769 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:57 AM

Really good show last night.  

The main event was fast and furious.

@mikeghg

#5770 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:22 AM

Apparently Lesnar came out 30th and proceeded to win the Rumble, same as it ever was

#5771 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 09:59 AM

Apparently Lesnar came out 30th and proceeded to win the Rumble, same as it ever was

I think most of it was changing to fix what they had to scrap at Day 1 because of Roman getting Covid. That's why there have been a whole lot of nonsensical moves here.

Word is that Riddle was actually supposed to win the RR up until the last couple days. Made me wonder if they weren't going to have RK-Bro split and have Riddle/Orton for the title at WM, but wouldn't be much room for Orton to go off and win the title in the next 3 months enough to have the proper lead up. Maybe they've scratched that and will move it to SS? I guarantee you that's in the cards though.

@JeremyMStrain

#5772 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 February 2022 - 10:25 AM

Yep he did.  It was a good show though.

Rhonda Rousey also came back and won the ladies Rumble.

@mikeghg

#5773 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 February 2022 - 10:27 AM

I think most of it was changing to fix what they had to scrap at Day 1 because of Roman getting Covid. That's why there have been a whole lot of nonsensical moves here.

Word is that Riddle was actually supposed to win the RR up until the last couple days. Made me wonder if they weren't going to have RK-Bro split and have Riddle/Orton for the title at WM, but wouldn't be much room for Orton to go off and win the title in the next 3 months enough to have the proper lead up. Maybe they've scratched that and will move it to SS? I guarantee you that's in the cards though.

I think Orton may be taking a few weeks off.  it will be interesting to see if he goes to Saudi in 3 weeks.

@mikeghg

#5774 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 February 2022 - 06:12 AM

Flipping through Raw last night and stopped for a minute because KO and Rollins appear to be a tag team.  Listened into their backstage interview.   My daughter remarks "geez those guys are overconfident" :lol:  

#5775 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 February 2022 - 09:32 AM

Flipping through Raw last night and stopped for a minute because KO and Rollins appear to be a tag team.  Listened into their backstage interview.   My daughter remarks "geez those guys are overconfident" :lol:  

I actually think they are pretty funny.  They seem to be setting up something for Wrestlemania based on their Texas bashing.  There are a lot of rumors, which is always part of WM season.

One other thing, the new Brock Lesnar is entertaining to watch.  He is effectively cutting his own spots, is engaging with the fans, including kids, and seems to be having a great time.  He has been pretty funny.  Who knew?

@mikeghg

#5776 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 February 2022 - 09:42 AM

I actually think they are pretty funny.  They seem to be setting up something for Wrestlemania based on their Texas bashing.  There are a lot of rumors, which is always part of WM season.

I've always been a KO fan and heel Rollins is great never would have thought the two would work together but it was a fun bit.

#5777 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2022 - 01:22 PM

One other thing, the new Brock Lesnar is entertaining to watch.  He is effectively cutting his own spots, is engaging with the fans, including kids, and seems to be having a great time.  He has been pretty funny.  Who knew?

If Stone Cold is really coming out of retirement for a match at Mania vs Owens, the 20 year old, Attitude Era me is going to mark out big time.

• Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5778 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 March 2022 - 12:08 PM

If Stone Cold is really coming out of retirement for a match at Mania vs Owens, the 20 year old, Attitude Era me is going to mark out big time.

KO "called out" Stone Cold last night on Raw, so they are doing something.  I do not think it is going to be a match, but they will have a KO-Stone Cold segment at Mania.

@mikeghg

#5779 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 March 2022 - 12:13 PM

The Triple threat Tag match on last nights Raw, was the best match they have had on Raw this year.

Orton/Riddle. KO/Rollins and Otis/Gable really put on a show.

@mikeghg

#5780 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 March 2022 - 10:09 AM

Big E suffered a broken neck on Friday's smackdown.  I have been telling my son for years, that they should outlaw the suplex, because it was dangerous.  The fall was ugly and it may have cost E his career.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=