#21 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

This is pure speculation on my part, but is there some sort of psychological trick that we are playing with ourselves here?  Like we oversell the 'benefits' after we've paid the membership fee, to avoid feeling like we made a bad purchase?  Sometimes I wonder if I do this with Amazon Prime.  

The reason I bring this up is because I actually laughed out loud when you guys were posting about the quality of Kirkland stuff.  Its all highly processed food.  I've become really polarized lately when it comes to food, and how we consume it, so I'll admit I'm sounding (as per usual) like a pompous douche, but the idea of buying their food just does not seem like a very good idea.

Also, I say this as a former employee of the White Marsh Costco....they didn't treat me all that well, and one of the managers was a great friend of mine.

@fuzydunlop

#22 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

I think people are saying that they treat employees well because doesn't CostCo have a pretty high minimum wage?

I did a few case studies on them in college and I thought I remember $15/hour. Plus once you are there for a while you can buy ownership into the company.

I could be wrong, but those two things are jumping out to me.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

This is pure speculation on my part, but is there some sort of psychological trick that we are playing with ourselves here?  Like we oversell the 'benefits' after we've paid the membership fee, to avoid feeling like we made a bad purchase?  Sometimes I wonder if I do this with Amazon Prime.  

The reason I bring this up is because I actually laughed out loud when you guys were posting about the quality of Kirkland stuff.  Its all highly processed food.  I've become really polarized lately when it comes to food, and how we consume it, so I'll admit I'm sounding (as per usual) like a pompous douche, but the idea of buying their food just does not seem like a very good idea.

Also, I say this as a former employee of the White Marsh Costco....they didn't treat me all that well, and one of the managers was a great friend of mine.

It's not the food. For example, I know the Kirkland Mattress gets high ratings.

#24 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

It's the same "highly processed" food you're getting anywhere else, though. So if that's what you are buying, you are getting food of the same quality by buying Kirkland. How good for you that food is in general is a different story, of course.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=