#1 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,546 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Elton John will be releasing his new album, The Diving Board, on September 24th. But you can stream the full album for free on Amazon until then: http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1001386841

It's Sir Elton's 30th studio album, and his first release since his combo record with Leon Russell, The Union. T Bone Burnett produced The Union and is producing The Diving Board. If you love Elton John like I do, you'll notice a severely different sound from him. Obviously his voice has been deeper and more rich ever since his throat surgery in 1986. But T-Bone had him go back to what made him who he is today: piano, bass, and drums. Elton has said it's the most piano-centered album he's ever released. 

This isn't some washed-up artist releasing a new album. This is a whole new Elton John. This album has everything Elton, but in a more relaxed, grown up way. I absolutely love this album. I've been a massive Elton fan forever, and was introduced to him by my mother, who grew up on him. I'm not a big concert junkie, but I've always said that if I was going to see one musician live, it'd be Sir Elton John.

• tennOsfan likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

It's a really fine album.  I've had Elton's music in my life since the early 70s when I was little and danced to Crocodile Rock with my aunt.  While I'd prefer the full band and Davey Johnstone in any Elton record, if this is what makes him feel the most creative at this point, fine.  He has some brilliant melodies and the pacing of songs is varied.  Some songs are absolute gems.

If you decide to go see Elton, I highly recommend that the one time you see him, let it be at Caesar's in Vegas.  The acoustics at that place are incredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=