• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tomgruneberg

Tomgruneberg
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:36 PM

Howard County Football Week 7

Overall record is 32-10 on the year.  I did have an error in my last postmortem, as I picked Hammond to beat LR and they did not.  

Unfortunately I won’t be at any HOCO games this week as I’m on my way to lovely Gainesville Florida to watch the Gators battle Kentucky on Saturday in The Swamp.  The football gods smiled on me because soon after booking that trip, the NFL put the Ravens at Tampa the following Monday night.  Extend the trip!  Bucs have been looking pretty good,  but they are not ready for Lamar and Mr. Henry.  A tremendous October trip South.  

Glenelg (3-3) @ River Hill (3-3). Match up of the week for sure.  These teams know each other so well, that these games generally come down to a few key plays here and there.  Who will make less mistakes, commit fewer turnovers and establish the run game?  I certainly have no love for that Gladiator program even though I do get along pretty well with their coaching staff.  These teams bring out the best in each other,  but with that said -Go Hawks.  RH by a score.  

Oakland Mills (5-1) @ Centennial (0-6).  Centennial has confirmed they will play this game against the mighty scorpions.  It won’t be pretty.  You’re gonna think OM is Abraham Lincoln as they will win this game by at least 4 scores.  

Atholton (5-1) @ Mount Hebron (3-3). Hebron has won their last 3 straight after dropping their first 3.  Let’s not get it twisted though, it was against 3 teams who combine for ZERO wins this season.  Raiders roll by 3 scores in this one.  

Howard (5-1) @ Reservoir (2-4).  Resi continues to struggle a year after winning a ship and returning the DPOY.  Here comes another loss.  At this point, Howard is probably happy to play on the road away from Centre Park Drive.  Howard by 2 scores.  

Wilde Lake (3-3) @ Hammond (0-6) WL gets back on the winning side here after the GP catastrophe.  Cats by 3 scores.  

Long Reach (1-5) @ Guilford Park (4-2) Coach Montag versus the program that birthed him.  LR is struggling heavily this year and GP is coming off the biggest win in program history vs. WL.  It will be close,  but GP wins by a score.  

North County (Anne Arundel) (1-5) @ Marriotts Ridge (5-1) North County is an Arundel doormat, with only 1 win this season over first year program Severn Run.  MR should romp here in this out of county contest.  Ridge represents Howard county and wins by 3 scores.

#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,996 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 PM

OM = Lincoln
Centennial = John Wilkes Booth

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."