Photo

RSR: Might The Ravens Add Another Weapon For Lamar?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 06:45 AM

RSR: Might The Ravens Add Another Weapon For Lamar?

https://russellstree...dams-to-ravens/

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2024 - 07:39 AM

No.

#3 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 07:56 AM

Getting Adams is doable, but that's a steep price. Per OTC 13.5M in cap, going down 900k/week. On paper adding him would feel great, but Flowers has 6 targets total the past two weeks, in pretty dominating offensive performances. WR seems like an extreme luxury. I'd rather they use the deadline to fix a more glaring weakness (not sure what that is at the moment, have a month to decide).

• You Play to Win the Game, Mackus and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 09:58 AM

Getting Adams is doable, but that's a steep price. Per OTC 13.5M in cap, going down 900k/week. On paper adding him would feel great, but Flowers has 6 targets total the past two weeks, in pretty dominating offensive performances. WR seems like an extreme luxury. I'd rather they use the deadline to fix a more glaring weakness (not sure what that is at the moment, have a month to decide).

Another lineman, or another pass rush (even though the pr looks pretty good right now, and YN could potentially help there too).

And not just Flowers...  last week Flowers, Likely, Bateman, Andrews, and Agholor combined for 5 receptions, and they beat one of the other AFC contenders by 25.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 10:08 AM

He doesn't even really use all the ones he has. There are bigger needs than another wide receiver who's going to demand the ball.

#6 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 01:55 PM

Adams apparently just posted a picture of Edgar Allen Poe on social media, for whatever that's worth.

(7) Mike Garafolo on X: "Oh nothing, just Davante Adams posting a pic of Edgar Allen Poe… https://t.co/7Usp4HbHfl" / X (twitter.com)

• 85Knight likes this

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 02:05 PM

No way EDC is bringing him in

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 02:45 PM

These WRs dont want to play in this offense anyway. Thats absolutely no shot at our offense. Again, its #1 by DVOA right now. There just arent a lot of throws and targets when things are going to plan. I expect Zay to start becoming disgruntled soon tbh

#9 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,428 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, no reason to add a WR of Adams caliber to this offense, considering his age and salary.

We've already got Zay, Bateman, Likely, and Andrews who are barely getting targets.

#10 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,484 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 06:25 PM

I don't see it either. Wouldn't be mad about it. Definitely would be the best WR Lamar has ever played with. And his ability to just go up and win would play well.

Things have gone to plan two weeks in a row. But it's a matter of time before we meet a team that stacks the box and run blitzes like KC has. When someone sells out to stop the run, it wouldn't hurt to have Adams available, who seems to be able to get open at will. Also, a lot harder to commit safeties closer to the LOS when you have the threat of a guy like Adams on the outside. Because let's be honest, Flowers is good, and Likely and Andrews can be monsters underneath, but none of them scare an offense the way Adams could.

Still, very unlikely. And a poor use of limited resources for EDC.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#11 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 04 October 2024 - 07:50 PM

I don't see it either. Wouldn't be mad about it. Definitely would be the best WR Lamar has ever played with. And his ability to just go up and win would play well.

Things have gone to plan two weeks in a row. But it's a matter of time before we meet a team that stacks the box and run blitzes like KC has. When someone sells out to stop the run, it wouldn't hurt to have Adams available, who seems to be able to get open at will. Also, a lot harder to commit safeties closer to the LOS when you have the threat of a guy like Adams on the outside. Because let's be honest, Flowers is good, and Likely and Andrews can be monsters underneath, but none of them scare an offense the way Adams could.

Still, very unlikely. And a poor use of limited resources for EDC.

Buffalo went 8 in the box to stop Henry and Monken/Lamar drew up some play action screens that broke their entire defense's ankles.  There were multiple plays where the entire defense shifted like 2-3 yards to follow Henry only for Lamar to drop a screen pass on the other side of the field for a nice gain.  This was by far the most effective use of screen passes I've seen in the Lamar era.  If they keep that up then I think we'll see Lamar with pretty good numbers against cover-0 by the end of the year.

KC is kind of a tough case because their secondary is really, really good and I think they might be a challenge to throw against no matter what.

#12 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 AM

I agree with the lack of touches for the receivers/TE group but don’t really care. If you can get a future HOF, still in his prime, who can win when you need him to, then do it. That being said, doubt it happens.

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 AM

No reason to add a receiver. Especially what Adams would cost. I'm a big Lamar fan. But if he can't get it done with what he has, we need another QB. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=