#5 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 07:13 PM

Also a possibility.

I know John and the coaching staff are much smarter than the fans, but is it a great idea to be playing musical chairs with the OL when 3/5th are brand new? Rosengarten has looked OK and splits majority of his time with Mekari. Falele has been abused routinely and hasn't missed a play.

#6 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 07:29 PM

Also a possibility.
I know John and the coaching staff are much smarter than the fans, but is it a great idea to be playing musical chairs with the OL when 3/5th are brand new? Rosengarten has looked OK and splits majority of his time with Mekari. Falele has been abused routinely and hasn't missed a play.

How many times did Falele completely whiff on Crosby? I know it was more than once.

#7 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 07:53 PM

How many times did Falele completely whiff on Crosby? I know it was more than once.

None more glaring than that last drive when Lamar got absolutely destroyed by Crosby.

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 08:08 PM

None more glaring than that last drive when Lamar got absolutely destroyed by Crosby.

Crosby knew who he wanted to match up against. Just like Chris Jones. It's got to be obvious when Crosby was purposely sliding inside before the snap to get away from the chip and get to go one on one with Faalele. Jones purposely moving across the line pre-snap last week to go head up on Faalele as well. Opposing teams know who to go at. And our coaches seem so clueless. "I wonder why the best lineman on every team we play purposely slides in so they can go against Faalele. Must be because Cleveland sucks."

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 08:11 PM

Winning 3 in a row against Dallas, Buffalo, and Cincinnati is possible, but unlikely.  That's why this game was so important.  This loss is a home loss in the conference to team that was the easiest test of the first 5 games.  Now they have to go to a Dallas team that apparently got a lecture from a pissed off Jerry Jones.   Followed by Buffalo and Cincinnati.   This loss means they need to go at least 2-1 to maybe get back to .500 in week 6 against Washington.  Go 1-2 and they will be staring at a 1-4 record going into week 6.  The only other team on their schedule besides the Commanders that looks like a mismatch on paper is the Giants in week 14.  The Ravens have a tough schedule this year and blowing a lead against a team they should have handled just makes it all that more tough.  

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,612 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 08:27 PM

Beat Dallas.
Nothing else matters imo.

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,223 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 08:33 PM

Long season, and frankly the regular season doesn't matter aside from setting yourself up for the best shot in the postseason. This loss is gonna impact that but don't think it does much else. I doubt we finish one game out of the postseason. Guess we'll find out. Not particularly worried about Dallas, but 0-3 would be a tough hole to dig out of.

#12 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 08:51 PM

Crosby knew who he wanted to match up against. Just like Chris Jones. It's got to be obvious when Crosby was purposely sliding inside before the snap to get away from the chip and get to go one on one with Faalele. Jones purposely moving across the line pre-snap last week to go head up on Faalele as well. Opposing teams know who to go at. And our coaches seem so clueless. "I wonder why the best lineman on every team we play purposely slides in so they can go against Faalele. Must be because Cleveland sucks."

I don't care how bad Cleveland looks in Harbaugh's eyes. I'd like to know the thought process behind watching Falele get abused week after week and them to think, "yep, he's our guy at right guard."

#13 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 05:25 AM

I guess one positive is, Henry definitely looked like his normal self this week. Wish Monken would be a little more creative than the pistol smash look for 2 yards or less 90% of his runs.

#14 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 05:37 AM

I guess one positive is, Henry definitely looked like his normal self this week. Wish Monken would be a little more creative than the pistol smash look for 2 yards or less 90% of his runs.

Maybe use him on 3rd and 1 instead of some dumb play that draws a false start.

• bmore_ken likes this

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 07:30 AM

Maybe use him on 3rd and 1 instead of some dumb play that draws a false start.

I was fine with that call. Can't move early. Got the yard as well. But overall I agree.

#16 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 08:10 AM

...I know John and the coaching staff are much smarter than the fans...

On game day, John is basically just an emotional fan. Watching, reacting with emotions, panicking, not seeing the bigger picture, etc.

Cheerleader, fan. That's what he does best on game day.

#17 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 08:20 AM

Three and two after five is definitely possible. Rosengarten looked better than Mekari at RT and should be given the full timejob going forward. And why not try Cleveland at guard? He can’t do any worse!

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 09:33 AM

Long season ahead if Lamar's not running and Henry isn't running enough. Different OCs , one common denominator. 

#19 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 09:39 AM

Three and two after five is definitely possible. Rosengarten looked better than Mekari at RT and should be given the full timejob going forward. And why not try Cleveland at guard? He can’t do any worse!

"Ben's in what his 3rd year.....4th?  Ben knows what he has to do to get more playing time."   John Harbaugh.    

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

#20 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 09:43 AM

I can't imagine he's any worse than Falele. But John knows what he's doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=