• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tomgruneberg

Tomgruneberg
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 04:33 PM

Week 2 2024

Greetings from Howard County, MD.  Not one game this week is a matchup of 1-0 teams.  Every single game has a 0-1 team competing.  Unfortunately I won’t be in attendance at any games because I’m seeing the Boss at Camden Yards.  I went 4-3 last week-hopefully I’m not just dancing in the dark this week.  

Marriotts Ridge (1-0) @ Glenelg (0-1) interesting matchup.  MR came out of the gates and blew out Hebron.  Glenelg lost a close one to out of county opponent Severna Park.  I do not yet believe the Mustangs are the real deal.  A convincing win here would say otherwise.  This game is a coin flip and I’m giving it to the boys in red-Glads by a score.  

Mount Hebron (0-1) @ Reservoir (0-1) There’s a darkness on the edge of town.  The Marquee matchup of 2023 has lost a little something this year.  All we know is that one defending county champ is going to start this season 0-2.  Who will it be?  Both teams looked bad and were shut out last week.  I give Resi a slight edge here,  but I really don’t have a good reason why.  Gators by 3.

Oakland Mills (1-0) @ Hammond (0-1) -We have seen that Isaac Ramsey is “born to run”.  OM rolls big here-will they get 50?  Does OM have the DPOY for 2024?  Every shutout goes a long way to making that case.  

Howard (1-0) @ River Hill (0-1) Interesting-Howard got the Centennial bye last week, while the Hawks lost a turnover fest to Atholton.  Howard’s RB Darius Moore is faster than Tyreek driving to a Dolphins game.  Hawks will need to take better care of the ball if they want to compete.  Howard by a score.

Atholton (1-0) @ Long Reach (0-1). Atholton QB and RB looked pretty good last week, while LR fell in the Lake.  Atholton has a “hungry heart” and continues to build toward that big week 6 matchup with the scorpions .  Atholton moves to 2-0, Raiders by 2 scores.

Wilde Lake (1-0) @ Centennial (0-1). Centennial is looking for a “reason to believe” but they won’t get it this week.  WildEcats by 3 scores.  

Patterson (0-1) @ Guilford Park (1-0).  GP is brimming with confidence after their first varsity football win in school history.  I think the momentum continues in their favor and they take a “wrecking ball” to Baltimore City’s Patterson by 1 score. 

#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,822 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 September 2024 - 07:56 PM

Centennial wins 48-5

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#3 Tomgruneberg

Tomgruneberg
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 06:09 PM

Week 2 postmortem

7-0 on the week!  Call me NostraThomas!

Glenelg (1-1) shows that we should not have gotten too excited about MR’s big week 1 victory over Hebron.  They shut out the Mustangs (1-1) 10-0

Last years co-county champion Vikings (0-2) drop their second straight to Reservoir (1-1) 49-27.  In a game that featured very little defense, the Gators avoid starting the season 0-2.

Howard (2-0) pulls away late to drop the Hawks to 0-2. Game was 14-7 at half before the Lions turned it on. Moore goes for around 140 on the ground with another 40 receiving.  

Atholton (2-0) takes the Lightning (0-2) behind the woodshed 27-0.  Big plays pace the Raiders with 3 TDs over 50 yards.  

Coach H and Coach R are currently under a CPS investigation after abusing Centennial (0-2) 70-0.  Seventy!  Do you know how hard it is to put 70 up?  The clock runs at 35 leaving verylittle time to score.  Wilde Lake moves to 2-0 on the season.  

Guilford Park continues to impress as they move to 2-0 with a nice win over Baltimore City’s Patterson 20-14.  

Oakland Mills (2-0) takes care of business as expected, dropping Hammond (0-2) 42-6.

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,822 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 September 2024 - 07:39 PM

Eagles actually won

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."