• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 03:10 PM

I think 16 carries is kind of the top end of what he should be doing.  You can get injured on any play, but I'd prefer he limit his running to about 10 carries a game with most of them being pressures that he gets out of, sees a lane down the field and takes off. Those are the potential game breakers.  Designed runs I'm not as keen on. 

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 11:24 AM

His O line sucks so he really has no choice. 

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 11:46 AM

You can't take his running out of the game, he's too much of a dynamic weapon for that.  But they better find a way to limit the hits he takes during the season or they won't have much of a chance come playoff time.  Just like a constant pounding running game can wear down a defense by the 4th quarter, a QB getting hit as much as he did in the KC game will lead to him being worn down as the season goes on.  When your legs get worn down it affects your throwing as well.  Put more of the load on Henry.  That's what you brought him here for.  

#5 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 10:27 AM

You can't take his running out of the game, he's too much of a dynamic weapon for that.  But they better find a way to limit the hits he takes during the season or they won't have much of a chance come playoff time.  Just like a constant pounding running game can wear down a defense by the 4th quarter, a QB getting hit as much as he did in the KC game will lead to him being worn down as the season goes on.  When your legs get worn down it affects your throwing as well.  Put more of the load on Henry.  That's what you brought him here for.  

We just saw that with the Raiders game

#6 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 11:00 AM

We just saw that with the Raiders game

I could be wrong but I think they went into the game with the intent of not running Lamar that much.  He was pretty sore after the Chiefs game and missed a practice.  Maybe they thought against the Raiders, they could rest his legs for a game and still win.  They were wrong.  He's too integral to the running game without having Mitchell out there as a change of pace to Henry.  Hill is adequate but nothing special.  Look for things to be back to normal in Dallas as far as Lamar running the ball. 

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,226 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 11:35 AM

Maybe they thought against the Raiders, they could rest his legs for a game and still win. They were wrong.

They weren't wrong, IMO. They lost, of course, but they should have won without needing to run Lamar. Trying to rest and protect Lamar, which I agree seemed like the strategy, was not a factor for why they lost. Other dumb stuff led to that.

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 11:37 AM

I could be wrong but I think they went into the game with the intent of not running Lamar that much.  He was pretty sore after the Chiefs game and missed a practice.  Maybe they thought against the Raiders, they could rest his legs for a game and still win.  They were wrong.  He's too integral to the running game without having Mitchell out there as a change of pace to Henry.  Hill is adequate but nothing special.  Look for things to be back to normal in Dallas as far as Lamar running the ball. 

Yeah but there's a happy medium. Does he need to run 15 times? Probably not. Is 5 times enough? Definitely no. Without the threat of him running , you take away the whole threat of the offense. In no world should Gardner Minshew be beating the Ravens. If Lamar is sick or beat up,  sit him and have a capable backup to give him a break. 

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 12:03 PM

They weren't wrong, IMO. They lost, of course, but they should have won without needing to run Lamar. Trying to rest and protect Lamar, which I agree seemed like the strategy, was not a factor for why they lost. Other dumb stuff led to that.

I agree but it sure as hell didn't help. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=