15 replies to this topic

#1 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,665 posts

Posted 04 September 2024 - 09:19 PM

10-7. That probably makes the playoffs but not a given.

I think they struggle early. Im concerned about the OL. Concerned about a new DC. I could see them starting 1-4. Do think they get better as the season goes on if they stay relatively healthy at key positions. Could be an under the radar threat in Jan. A position that I think would take some pressure off Lamar

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,678 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 September 2024 - 09:27 PM

12-5.

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 04 September 2024 - 10:25 PM

11-6

Lamar has a good year.
Henry proves he's no longer an elite back.
Defense is another top 10 unit.

Another frustrating exit early in the playoffs by a team wearing the Ravens' uniform, but that is utterly unrecognizable from its regular season self, followed by mountains of excuses for why it's everyone's fault but Lamar's.

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 08:36 AM

11-6.

They will battle Cincinnati, whose schedule looks slightly easier, for the division title.  Either way they are a playoff team but will go out in the division round.

I think Henry will have a good year, but the overall production from the rushing game will be about the same as it was last year.  

The Oline will be a problem.  I don't have faith that it will be very good or consistent.  I have little confidence that Stanley can return to his elite form and stay healthy for a full season.  I also think they will miss the coach who just passed away.  He had a big hand in designing the Oline schemes they used.

I have questions about the new DC as well.  But with the veterans the Ravens have on the field, it's a lot like when Ray Lewis was here.  Your DC can sort of rely on them to make adjustments before the snap.  Still, they lead the league in sacks, takeaways, and points last year.  You have to expect a bit of a step back.

I read on some site that the Ravens lost the most impact plays by player of anyone in the league with the guys they lost.  That's a lot to replace.  

Of course it all starts with Lamar and whether can stay healthy.   As it is with most teams and their starting QBs.  

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 08:54 AM

12-5.

Lots of variables that could go right or wrong, but I think the O-line is the biggest factor that could derail them. Crappy O-line play could cost then 2 wins easily. If the unit is better than expected might be able to match or even exceed last year's total.

#6 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 10:25 AM

Last year was almost like 2019 during the regular season.  Everything came together and the Ravens evolved into the best team in the league.  That's a tall order to reproduce in back-to-back years, so I do expect some regression.  Not a dramatic decline but at least by a couple of games.   11-6.  

#7 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 10:30 AM

Yeah you can’t expect to match last year, a lot just went right. I’ll expect like 11 or 12 wins. Hopefully it’s a 2011-2012 type deal, where the worse team ends up winning it all.

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 10:32 AM

Last year was almost like 2019 during the regular season. Everything came together and the Ravens evolved into the best team in the league. That's a tall order to reproduce in back-to-back years, so I do expect some regression. Not a dramatic decline but at least by a couple of games. 11-6.

Basically my thoughts as well, a couple games behind last year's record for a variety of reasons. Though, I considered the baseline as 14 wins since Week 18 was a game they'd have won that game if they tried.

#9 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 11:53 AM

11-6 I guess.

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 01:47 PM

Won't be surprised to see them win anywhere between 10-14 games.

Not too worried about the defense. Queen was no loss with Simpson stepping in. Hopefully Ojabo is able to stay healthy and replace Clowney. Plenty of secondary depth to replace Stone. Loved Orr as a player, hopeful he's as good as coordinator.

OL is my only worry on offense, but I think they are a solid unit and get better as the year goes on.
  • jamesdean likes this

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 02:10 PM

O-Line or a major Lamar injury are the only things I think could prevent the Ravens from a playoff appearance. Hard to envision a scenario where Lamar is mostly healthy and the O-Line is adequate or better and the Ravens still flop. Not impossible, but hard.

#12 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 05:08 PM

We had a worse offensive line, a depleted RB room, and a defense not as good as the current defense in 2021 and were still 8-3 until Lamar got hurt.

If Lamar is healthy, we're winning football games. Everything is on Lamar's health.
  • makoman likes this

#13 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 05:47 PM

We had a worse offensive line, a depleted RB room, and a defense not as good as the current defense in 2021 and were still 8-3 until Lamar got hurt.

If Lamar is healthy, we're winning football games. Everything is on Lamar's health.

It's true. For the most part, with healthy / playing Lamar, they've consistently been division and/or conference leaders. 

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#14 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 05:55 PM

Yep. Its hard to deny his regular season record, especially against the NFC. Its rare that a game gets away from the Ravens with Lamar behind center.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#15 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 06:48 PM

11-6

Lamar has a good year.
Henry proves he's no longer an elite back.
Defense is another top 10 unit.

Another frustrating exit early in the playoffs by a team wearing the Ravens' uniform, but that is utterly unrecognizable from its regular season self, followed by mountains of excuses for why it's everyone's fault but Lamar's.

I approve this message. With the exception of the Lamar part.
  • Slidemaster likes this

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,494 posts

Posted 06 September 2024 - 01:23 AM

11-6 sounds about right. Tough schedule. Injuries will take someone away we don’t want to lose. They’ll make the playoffs. Only question is can they get over the hump?
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=