https://www.baltimor...k-eddie-jackson

#2 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 11:30 AM

It remains to be seen what the O line shakes out to be in the end, and I suspect there's a good chance EDC will make a camp move for a vet or even two after cuts elsewhere.  E.g. young new draft pick pushes out older more expensive vet, or he uses a mid round pick to extricate someone from somewhere else.  No ideas on who or where, just that it's sort of an EDC type move to make either in camp or early in the season.

But regardless... I wouldn't say he has his best surrounding cast ever.  The O-line he had his first MVP season was in my opinion the best full cast of blockers he's ever been paired with.  And that goes a LONG way.  If this year's O-line has struggles, Henry won't be as big of a plus asset as we hope.  Not saying they will, but just that time will tell.

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,507 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 11:33 AM

The OL is a real question mark right now and their play will be very important to the success of this offense.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#4 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 August 2024 - 10:13 AM

The OL is a real question mark right now and their play will be very important to the success of this offense.

Not to be glib but this is true of any offense. So much focus is put on skill position guys but those spots are mostly irrelevant if you can't protect. 

So much will depend on the health of the left side and Vorhees being able to establish himself as a starter. Also, I would prefer that Rosengarten seizes the RT job and Mekari can be the 6th man. 

• Hooded Viper likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 01:43 PM

Not to be glib but this is true of any offense. So much focus is put on skill position guys but those spots are mostly irrelevant if you can't protect. 

So much will depend on the health of the left side and Vorhees being able to establish himself as a starter. Also, I would prefer that Rosengarten seizes the RT job and Mekari can be the 6th man. 

If he can stay healthy, I think Vorhees is going to be the surprise of 2024.  

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,450 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 02:50 PM

IDK, that 2019 roster was pretty solid.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 03:57 PM

I think if Stanley is healthy the line will be fine. They've generally done fine with building a line outside the AV year, and seem to constantly churn out not necessarily great but starting caliber guards. With TL being a potential All Pro I'm not overly worried inside, hoping Rosengarten is ready enough and Stanley has one year left in him.

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,026 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 04:02 PM

No chance in hell this roster is better than 2023 or 2019, and he did nothing with either of them. Furthermore, as he gets more expensive they will continue to diminish in quality.

But hey, he can go down as the greatest regular season QB of all time I guess.

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,507 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 04:10 PM

No chance in hell this roster is better than 2023 or 2019, and he did nothing with either of them. Furthermore, as he gets more expensive they will continue to diminish in quality.

I promise you there is some post before last year or early last year where slide crapped on last years roster. 

#10 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 04:28 PM

I think if Stanley is healthy the line will be fine. They've generally done fine with building a line outside the AV year, and seem to constantly churn out not necessarily great but starting caliber guards. With TL being a potential All Pro I'm not overly worried inside, hoping Rosengarten is ready enough and Stanley has one year left in him.

I agree with Stanley being the key.  If he's indeed healthy and returns to All-Pro form, everyone else around him should fall into place and give the Ravens another elite, rushing attack.  Lamar coming in thinner this year tells me he plans on rushing more than in 2023 which is also a good thing.  If the main parts can be free of serious injuries, scoring points should not be a problem. 

#11 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 04:32 PM

You could be right but I think some of the new players will perform well and make up for the loss of personnel.  Say what you want about Harbaugh, but he always gets the most out of his players during the regular season.  Granted, another 13-4 season is probably unlikely but barring catastrophic injuries to key players, it's a play-off caliber team.  

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,507 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 07:47 PM

Ravens have a lot of in house OL options right now but apparently are trying to sign Connor Williams. May not speak well about how they feel about what they currently have

#13 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 07 August 2024 - 10:07 AM

Ravens have a lot of in house OL options right now but apparently are trying to sign Connor Williams. May not speak well about how they feel about what they currently have

I feel like Stanley, Linderbaum, Mekari and Vorhees are fine. Probably not happy with their options at the other guard spot and their depth. If Rosengarten can be leave average at worst at RT, Ravens can probably get by playing Mekari at guard. Bur I really think they like Mekari in the reserve utility 6th OL spot.

Williams isn't terrible, so even if he's a depth signing, it can't hurt.

#14 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 August 2024 - 10:19 AM

I feel like Stanley, Linderbaum, Mekari and Vorhees are fine. Probably not happy with their options at the other guard spot and their depth. If Rosengarten can be leave average at worst at RT, Ravens can probably get by playing Mekari at guard. Bur I really think they like Mekari in the reserve utility 6th OL spot.

Williams isn't terrible, so even if he's a depth signing, it can't hurt.

What's the deal with Cleveland? Is he back from the possible concussion? Sounds like he's been a disappointment overall, seeing as he's going into his 4th season and has been unable to lay claim to either of the open G spots.

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 07 August 2024 - 11:05 AM

What's the deal with Cleveland? Is he back from the possible concussion? Sounds like he's been a disappointment overall, seeing as he's going into his 4th season and has been unable to lay claim to either of the open G spots.

They were practicing him at center a couple of days ago with Linderbaum out.  When did he get a concussion?  Yesterday? 

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 August 2024 - 11:09 AM

They were practicing him at center a couple of days ago with Linderbaum out.  When did he get a concussion?  Yesterday? 

I think I read a couple days ago he left practice and was being evaluated for a concussion. Don't know if he was diagnosed with one or not.

#17 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts

Posted 07 August 2024 - 11:09 AM

Williams signed with the Seahawks for 1/6M, FWIW. I assume if they were really desperate they could have beaten that, but it's high for just depth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=