Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 5

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 10:36 PM

Seems about right for a regular season ranking.

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 03:09 PM

Seems about right for a regular season ranking.

What active QB's would you put in front of Lamar in the post season?

There is Mahomes clearly at number one. After him, every other QB has "choked" at different times as well. Burrow has worse health issues than Lamar to this point. Josh Allen can't get over the hump with stacked teams, and better WR's. Tua has won less than Lamar. Stroud lost to Lamar. Rodgers has done his fair share of not getting it done in the post season. Prescott never wins under pressure. Herbert is the new Phillip Rivers.

For as much as you bellyache about Lamar, he's just like every other QB not named Mahomes in the postseason. He's a 2 time MVP, one of those being unanimous. He's a generational talent. You quite literally will not see another Lamar Jackson for a while. I get the frustration of having great teams and an MVP caliber QB and still not winning it all to this point. But we have one of the best QB's in the NFL, and the best dual threat QB ever. Just enjoy it for a minute.
  • BaltBird 24 and 1970 like this

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,602 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 05:11 PM

There is Mahomes clearly at number one. After him, every other QB has "choked" at different times as well. Burrow has worse health issues than Lamar to this point. Josh Allen can't get over the hump with stacked teams, and better WR's. Tua has won less than Lamar. Stroud lost to Lamar. Rodgers has done his fair share of not getting it done in the post season. Prescott never wins under pressure. Herbert is the new Phillip Rivers.

For as much as you bellyache about Lamar, he's just like every other QB not named Mahomes in the postseason. He's a 2 time MVP, one of those being unanimous. He's a generational talent. You quite literally will not see another Lamar Jackson for a while. I get the frustration of having great teams and an MVP caliber QB and still not winning it all to this point. But we have one of the best QB's in the NFL, and the best dual threat QB ever. Just enjoy it for a minute.

Dont let Slide move the goalposts on you. He is and has been as anti Lamar as it gets. In all areas. He had to back off the regular season thing because Lamar just made him look like a fool last season by winning the MVP.  Slide was advocating hard to get rid of him the previous offseason. So, now, after a 2nd MVP, all Slide has left to hang his hat on is postseason performance. Dont let him slide on being anti Lamar all around. He is a huge hater and will continue to find any anti Lamar narrative to hammer.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,588 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 06:27 PM

ESPN: Execs, coaches, scouts rank NFL's top 10 QBs for 2024

https://www.espn.com...sition-rankings

4. Lamar JacksonBaltimore Ravens

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 5

Mahomes is the only guy above him.  Mahomes is on his own tier, probably two tiers above everyone else, IMO.  There are multiple HOF QBs in their prime right now, and Mahomes still dwarfs all of them.  He's the best I've ever seen, just a question if he ultimately gets the hardware to be as accomplished.

I'll take Lamar over anyone else, but I think there are arguments to be made for Burrow and Allen for anyone who would choose them.  Nobody else

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,364 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 06:58 PM

Dont let Slide move the goalposts on you. He is and has been as anti Lamar as it gets. In all areas. He had to back off the regular season thing because Lamar just made him look like a fool last season by winning the MVP.  Slide was advocating hard to get rid of him the previous offseason. So, now, after a 2nd MVP, all Slide has left to hang his hat on is postseason performance. Dont let him slide on being anti Lamar all around. He is a huge hater and will continue to find any anti Lamar narrative to hammer.

He was pretty high on Lamar earlier in his career.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,364 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 07:11 PM

Mahomes is the only guy above him.  Mahomes is on his own tier, probably two tiers above everyone else, IMO.  There are multiple HOF QBs in their prime right now, and Mahomes still dwarfs all of them.  He's the best I've ever seen, just a question if he ultimately gets the hardware to be as accomplished.

I'll take Lamar over anyone else, but I think there are arguments to be made for Burrow and Allen for anyone who would choose them.  Nobody else

Mahomes is excellent obviously, and I'm sure he'd be excellent in any era. 

3 recent championships, only further elevates the mystique. 

Clearly QBs (rightly or wrongly) get immense credit or blame when things go right or wrong due to their level of influence. 

I still think it's a team game, and so much has to go right (health, scheme, surrounding cast, luck) etc to both win, and perform at the highest levels.... that sometimes I think evaluating and comparing guys is sometimes difficult in the same era, and immensely difficult in different eras. 

I'll use Stafford as an example. 
Like Mahomes, has strong physical ability. 
Unlike Mahomes, he was surrounded by inept coaching, and weak surrounding casts for years in Detroit... 
He goes to LA, and suddenly he 'knows how to win.'  

I'm not trying to knock Mahomes at all. 
Give him his flowers. 

But I can think of a handful of guys who have had similar physical skills. 

He deserves all the credit in the world for making plays in big games, and controlling what he could control. 

Can he possibly catch Brady in-terms of best career?  It's at-least possible, given what he's already achieved, which is remarkable enough. I agree he (and quite a number of others) were more talented than Brady. 

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 19 July 2024 - 03:00 AM

I would take a lot of them, knowing that they at least haven't proven they *can't.*

I would abso-freaking-lutely take a healthy Burrow. I would take Stroud. I would take Purdy. I would take Hurts. I would take Stafford. I would take Allen. I might even take Goff or Herbert. Genuinely, how could they be worse? It would take *multiple* years of having the best roster in the league and blowing it in spectacular fashion for any of those guys to approach the ineptitude Lamar has so far. Again, just losing doesn't make you a choker. Being unrecognizably terrible while the rest of your team does their job makes you a choker.

Again, I just don't care about the regular season anymore. I don't. Won't care if they go 17-0. Won't care if he wins a 3rd MVP. I'm not excited for the season, nor do I plan on getting invested outside of my fantasy teams. They have to do something when it matters. Nobody has done less with more once the playoffs start than Lamar, and until he rewrites that narrative himself, I'm pretty much done with the regular season Ravens. Give me the unknown possibilities over the known choke artist any day of the week until he proves otherwise.

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 19 July 2024 - 03:04 AM

He was pretty high on Lamar earlier in his career.

I was. It kills me that he has Tony Romo syndrome, but you are who you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=