Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2024 - 08:11 PM

ESPN: Ravens predict Rashod Bateman will break out in 2024
https://www.espn.com...eak-2024-season

Talent and ability have never really been an issue with Bateman. Health certainly has though. I feel like he could still be a really good WR. But his inability to stay on the field has been extremely frustrating.

If he can stay healthy, he has the potential to be a top target. His seperation numbers are ridiculous. He gets open as well as almost any WR out there. And he has a ton of YAC ability. He just needs to put it all together, and stay healthy.

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,026 posts

Posted 03 July 2024 - 10:54 PM

I feel like they've written this article every year since he was drafted.

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,507 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 12:25 AM

Talent and ability have never really been an issue with Bateman. Health certainly has though. I feel like he could still be a really good WR. But his inability to stay on the field has been extremely frustrating.

If he can stay healthy, he has the potential to be a top target. His seperation numbers are ridiculous. He gets open as well as almost any WR out there. And he has a ton of YAC ability. He just needs to put it all together, and stay healthy.

He needs Lamar to give him targets more than anything else

• Biggsy likes this

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 06:06 AM

This disconnect between him and Lamar is real and consistent.  I don't know what you do to solve the issue other than Monken/Harbaugh literally ordering Lamar to throw the ball to him more.  Plus, he has to stay on the field and be healthy for a full year.  Good luck with that. 

#6 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 06:16 AM

Dirdnt they same thing last year?

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 06:00 PM

He needs Lamar to give him targets more than anything else

Agree 100%. All he can do is get open consistently. Not sure if it's Monken not calling his number, or Lamar not looking his way. But if he's getting open, it needs to stop. They came out a couple years ago on fire. Then Bateman went down with an injury, and they never got back to that.

I'm certainly not going to believe it until I see it.

#8 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,762 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 06:04 PM

Bateman, assuming he stays healthy, should be the #2 WR. Zay, Andrews, and Likely will still probably see majority of the targets. Agholor will be in the mix, too.

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 10:43 PM

There was a play earlier or maybe mid season where Lamar threw high to Bateman on the sideline, and he didn't even really try to go up for the ball at all. Like he assumed he wouldn't catch it so why bother. Only issue was, there WAS a very little bit of space between him and the sideline, and the DB behind him actually read the throw, went up for it, and pulled it down.

So... if Lamar doesn't look his way as much as people think he should (and maybe he doesn't) there could also be a very good reason for that. I know that sort of thing would stick in my head for a while, especially if the sideline talk afterwards didn't include Bateman basically taking full responsibility for lack of effort and promising that would never happen again.

Agholor might regress, and he did show an untimely drop in the title game... but when that dude told Lamar and company that he knew a route he would run would clear out space for Flowers to get open, then Flowers caught a late TD pass and Agholor celebrated like HE had just caught the ball (think it was the Rams game maybe???)... THAT is the kind of attitude and team mentality I'd want in all of my surrounding cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=