https://www.baltimor...s-minicamp-2024

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,762 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:21 AM

"10 players who stood out at mandatory mini camp..... 38 year old, 3rd string QB Josh Johnson."

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,028 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 12:00 PM

"10 players who stood out at mandatory mini camp..... 38 year old, 3rd string QB Josh Johnson."

Johnson is the backup, no?

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,762 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 12:15 PM

Johnson is the backup, no?

By default I guess since Huntley is gone. Not like the backup really matters much - if Lamar is out then your chances are significantly diminished.

I guess I shouldn't read too much into these June fluff pieces... also listed among the "10 players who stood out" were Lamar, Roquan, and Madubuike. Of course they should stand out- they are our 3 best players. Surprised they didn't include Hamilton and Tucker.

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 June 2024 - 03:08 PM

guess I shouldn't read too much into these June fluff pieces... also listed among the "10 players who stood out" were Lamar, Roquan, and Madubuike. Of course they should stand out- they are our 3 best players. Surprised they didn't include Hamilton and Tucker.

Thought I read Hamilton wasn't a full participant due to an elbow issue. (which ought to make him a prime candidate for the Orioles' starting rotation)

Would be interesting to know more about how Tucker and the team intend to approach the revamped kickoff.

#6 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 05:02 PM

Thought I read Hamilton wasn't a full participant due to an elbow issue. (which ought to make him a prime candidate for the Orioles' starting rotation)

Would be interesting to know more about how Tucker and the team intend to approach the revamped kickoff.

I saw that KC is going to have a safety perform KO duties.  Apparently the ST coach watched a lot of UFL games (they have a similar KO rule) and noticed that kickers are involved in a lot of plays, including being in on a lot of tackles.

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 08:59 PM

I never like these takes that comes out of a team's <Insert team name here>.com.  Have they ever put anything up besides a positive take?  I laughed at the first one about the defense.  Of course the Ravens defense will be aggressive and good.  First, there is too much talent for them not to be good.  Second, aggressive is the organization standard.  

That was never a question with this year's defense.  What is a question is Zach Orr.  Not so much in the approach he will have for a defensive game plan, but more on how able he is to make in game adjustments.  He has never been a DC on any level.  MacDonald was a DC for a top notch college program.  When he got here there were several games early on that made me question his ability to coach in the pros.  He learned quickly and corrected early mistakes.  His in game adjustments are what took the Ravens defense to the next level.  It was never on display more than the AFC championship game.  Looked like KC was going to dismantle the Ravens defense in the first quarter.  The quick adjustment shut them out in the second half.  

That's what I would be concerned with from Orr.  Not that he is not the right choice long term, but more that his natural learning on the job could cost the Raven's defense at a time when their window for a SB may be starting to close.  

• BaltBird 24 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=