https://baltimorespo...early-thoughts/

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,558 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 03:57 PM

It'll all come down to the OL. Linderbaum is the only sure thing. Is Stanley healthy and at least capable of being a solid LT? Who's at RT? Are any of the younger guys like Cleveland or Vorhees ready to step up inside?

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,364 posts

Posted 17 July 2024 - 11:26 AM

It'll all come down to the OL. Linderbaum is the only sure thing. Is Stanley healthy and at least capable of being a solid LT? Who's at RT? Are any of the younger guys like Cleveland or Vorhees ready to step up inside?

Agreed, think it's the primary concern.

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 20 July 2024 - 10:18 AM

My early thought is that the Ravens are not as strong as they were last year and they have a much more difficult schedule.  Doesn't mean they can't be the last team standing, but the road is a lot tougher.  OL is decidedly weaker and one injured starter away from being bottom third of the league.  DL is depending on Oweh and Ojabo to step up and neither has proven they can do it.  DC is on a learning curve.  WRs are questionable again at best.  I don't see any area where they have gotten better.  But then I believe they were at their talent peak last year.  I'm not buying into the Henry pushes this team over the top talk.  Aging superstar who comes at a higher price in a position that the Ravens were already 2nd best last year.  

In a league where 7 out of 16 teams make the playoffs, they are definitely a playoff team unless Jackson goes down.  But I have a hard time seeing them as the one to come out of a stacked AFC.  

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 20 July 2024 - 10:35 AM

Training camp always makes me super nervous because of the season ending injury potential.  Especially along the OL.  And of course, getting Lamar through it healthy.  I'm not going to make a seasonal record prediction yet but there's no way I can see them going 13-4 again.  They've lost too many players who were major reasons they had that record.  It's going to be a grind and they may just have to settle for a wild card.  They blew a golden opportunity last season, and they don't come along every year. 

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 20 July 2024 - 04:03 PM

I expect the season to end more or less the same as it did last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=