991 replies to this topic

#981 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted Yesterday, 02:02 PM

For now, I'll attribute the breakdowns to not having played together in game situations. It's going to be a work in progress. I figured it would take at least 4 games before they started to jell for all 4 quarters. I hope I'm wrong and it's sooner than that but without playing any games in the preseason, it's probably going to be tough sledding for a while.

I might be overthinking it, but I wonder how the sudden loss of D'Alessandris has affected the group, both from an emotional and coaching standpoint.

#982 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:02 PM

For now, I'll attribute the breakdowns to not having played together in game situations. It's going to be a work in progress. I figured it would take at least 4 games before they started to jell for all 4 quarters. I hope I'm wrong and it's sooner than that but without playing any games in the preseason, it's probably going to be tough sledding for a while.

Remember, game 1 is essentially preseason for non-rookies.

• bmore_ken likes this

#983 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

I might be overthinking it, but I wonder how the sudden loss of D'Alessandris has affected the group, both from an emotional and coaching standpoint.

I suppose it's possible but I think it's just a lack a game snaps more than anything.  If the same issues are rearing their ugly heads a month from now, they've got problems to address. 

#984 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

I suppose it's possible but I think it's just a lack a game snaps more than anything.  If the same issues are rearing their ugly heads a month from now, they've got problems to address. 

Yep definitely need to clean that up. Henry should be getting 20 rushes a game. Can't get to that if the O line is allowing him to get hammered every time he touches the ball. 

#985 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,026 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Henry was brought in, among much fanfare, to be the missing piece to grind opponents down and keep opposing QBs off the field. He did that (albeit with unexceptional play) on the first drive.

...and then he got 7 more touches in the next 50+ minutes of play.

Either he sucks, or his utilization does, but the Ravens are proving they're not really a running team. They're a Lamar Jackson team that will cheerfully abandon the running game unless it's coming from the QB position. Why get Henry if you're going to use him that way?

I know I know, they were behind. So? Why did they get behind? Why did they stop going to Henry when they were tied? Is a single score deficit so panic-inducing that they can't trust their purported workhorse back to move chains and keep Mahomes off the field?

Whatever. It doesn't make any sense but I guess it doesn't matter either way. New team, new personnel, new coaches, same exact Ravens.

#986 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

I was just driving home and had 105.7 on.  Listening to Ken Weinman and Jason La Canfora... 

There was your mistake.

#987 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Wow, that's kind of lame. At least the way Roquon pulled the jersey.

Yeah, the rule sucks if it is written the Mackus describes it. I believe him, because the NFL has pretty much overreacted to everything. I mean, the new kickoff rule is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in years.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#988 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:56 PM

There was your mistake.

I lost track of time and thought it was still Vinnie and Haynie, who I do like.  As soon as I hit the station, they were in mid-rant about the OL. 

#989 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM

I was just driving home and had 105.7 on.  Listening to Ken Weinman and Jason La Canfora, you would have thought the OL was one of the worst in history.  Absolutely trashing it.  La Canfora stopped just short of saying Ronnie Stanley should have retired.  He's that bad.  I haven't seen the recording of the game but was it really that horrible?  You never know with these radio experts. 

Stanley was fine once they stopped calling him for illegal formation out of nowhere.  They moved Chris Jones to the right side to take advantage of the mismatch and Jones absolutely abused whoever we put at RT.  Fa'alele, Rosengarten, and Mekari all looked like hot garbage.

#990 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,505 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 PM

Stanley was fine once they stopped calling him for illegal formation out of nowhere. They moved Chris Jones to the right side to take advantage of the mismatch and Jones absolutely abused whoever we put at RT. Fa'alele, Rosengarten, and Mekari all looked like hot garbage.

The right side in general is going to be a real issue. Vorhees will probably hold up fine beside Stanley and Linderbaum but cover your eyes on the right side.

#991 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,762 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 PM

I think they need to roll with Mekari and Rosengarten on the right. Falele just ain't it. Mekari has generally been fine wherever we've asked him to play - no reason to think he can't settle into RG.

#992 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Today, 12:33 PM

I stopped listening to those two morons completely after Jason's knob job PR sham interviews with John Angelos last year. Got himself a MASN gig out of it. All you need to know about that dude's professional credibility.

DeCosta and company didn't give him enough scoops as NFL Insider and he spends all his energy bashing them instead.

Haynie is the only worthwhile voice on that station. Knowledgeable, honest, and objective.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=