#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 August 2023 - 11:00 AM

I think #12 is going to prove low for the Ravens.

QB - Check

RB-Check

WR- Check

TE-Check

WR Check

OL- Check

If we stay reasonably healthy, this team is going to score points.

@mikeghg

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,863 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 August 2023 - 11:13 AM

Seattle 9?  Cmon.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 11:42 AM

I think #12 is going to prove low for the Ravens.
QB - Check
RB-Check
WR- Check
TE-Check
WR Check
OL- Check

If we stay reasonably healthy, this team is going to score points.

It's very possible it ends up higher than 12. But I think the article brings up some valid points.

It's a completely new offense. Lamar has had durability issues. Beckham is 31 and coming off a torn ACL. Bateman has been made of glass so far. And Flowers hasn't played an official down in the NFL yet. A lot of questions.

I personally feel like OBJ will be a steady vet/first down machine. Andrews will be Andrews. I think Flowers pops for big plays. And if he can stay healthy, Bateman may be the most talented WR in the whole group. On top of that, the line should be a top 5 unit, and Dobbins and Edwards should continue to keep the running game efficient.

Everything is in place to be a top 5 offense. Just hope Monken can be significantly better in the redzone this season. I love Tucker, but I wouldn't be mad if all he got to attempt all season were PAT's.

#5 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,239 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 11:43 AM

It'll all be about staying healthy.

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 August 2023 - 12:05 PM

It's very possible it ends up higher than 12. But I think the article brings up some valid points.

It's a completely new offense. Lamar has had durability issues. Beckham is 31 and coming off a torn ACL. Bateman has been made of glass so far. And Flowers hasn't played an official down in the NFL yet. A lot of questions.

I personally feel like OBJ will be a steady vet/first down machine. Andrews will be Andrews. I think Flowers pops for big plays. And if he can stay healthy, Bateman may be the most talented WR in the whole group. On top of that, the line should be a top 5 unit, and Dobbins and Edwards should continue to keep the running game efficient.

Everything is in place to be a top 5 offense. Just hope Monken can be significantly better in the redzone this season. I love Tucker, but I wouldn't be mad if all he got to attempt all season were PAT's.

I think there are options past the names you mentioned.

I think Duvernay, Agholor, Likely, Kolar, and the deep running back room make us very dangerous.  

Injuries could prove the downfall, but you can say that about every team.

@mikeghg

#7 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 12:34 PM

With the state of their secondary right now and it's not pretty, they better hope Jackson & Co. will put up enough points to overcome the problems that are inevitably going to occur.  I have no faith that they're going to put enough pressure on quarterbacks to minimize the damage through the air so the offense is going to have to be firing on all cylinders right out of the gate. 

#8 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 August 2023 - 01:57 PM

I think they're placing a little too much stock in the uncertainty. Though they are likely hedging based on potential missed games from Lamar. If he plays a full season we will score no lower than 6th. With some good fortune with the WR room in terms of health we could be top 3. But they're right that there a lot of moving pieces and a lot of reliance on players that haven't had the best injury track record.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,687 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 02:42 PM

Jags at #5 is what I don't get. 

I think they're definitely an up and coming offense, but I don't know if they're THAT good.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,896 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 03:34 PM

I think they're placing a little too much stock in the uncertainty. Though they are likely hedging based on potential missed games from Lamar. If he plays a full season we will score no lower than 6th. With some good fortune with the WR room in terms of health we could be top 3. But they're right that there a lot of moving pieces and a lot of reliance on players that haven't had the best injury track record.

Feel like it's less of a hedge and more of a show me. 

Jackson has played 12 games each of the last two years.
Dobbins missed '21, and half of '22.   

Bateman has played in 19 games over his first two years. 

There's talent to be really good, but you have to be able to suit up consistently. 

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 August 2023 - 09:23 AM

I think they're definitely an up and coming offense, but I don't know if they're THAT good.

They are all in on Lawrence.

@mikeghg

#12 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 09:27 AM

They are at the skill positions. That offensive line looks suspect on paper. Bad O-lines can destroy potentially great offenses. Think that ultimately becomes their downfall. I see the Jags closer to 10 than 5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=